Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Linen/cotton dresses/tops for less formal workplace with flutter/flowing short sleeves

(16 Posts)
HarryDresdensLeatherDuster Sun 18-Jun-17 19:30:31

For a size 20. Am looking everywhere, but sad ...

I'm short too, just to really make it hard!

I want to be at work in gorgeous, colourful, loose clothes but end up in black sad. The only trousers I end up wearing are heavy 'treggings' which are no good next week.

HELP!

BarchesterFlowers Sun 18-Jun-17 19:38:52

East and monsoon.

HarryDresdensLeatherDuster Sun 18-Jun-17 19:46:13

Ah, forgot to mention the budget...

PickAChew Sun 18-Jun-17 19:51:58

Well, I was going to mention seasalt, but if your budget is limited...

KanyesLunchbox Sun 18-Jun-17 20:09:55

Based on the website previews I think lidl have linen shirts, dresses, skirts and trousers coming up soon? They are in Irish shops tomorrow so might be worth a look?

8FencingWire Sun 18-Jun-17 20:12:24

Something like www.brandalley.co.uk/15509871.html?

8FencingWire Sun 18-Jun-17 20:14:27

You could add some chunky beads to it and really bold birkenstocks, maybe?

Standstilling Sun 18-Jun-17 20:26:33

Boden swing t-shirts are cotton and cool sleeves are generous (I am same size). Also quite short in body so actually might suit someone shorter better - I have to iron them firmly to stretch lengthy a bit.

Usually offers or codes on that make them more affordable.

Standstilling Sun 18-Jun-17 20:27:37

And m&s linen crops - not the most stylish but in this heat I don't care smile

MsRinky Sun 18-Jun-17 20:43:24

I got a lovely size 20 linen dress with fluttery silk sleeves in TK Maxx plus section last week, about £30.

alabasterangel Sun 18-Jun-17 20:44:59

Do you mean like lagenlook linen clothing? I can recommend a few places if so....

Standstilling Sun 18-Jun-17 20:53:44

I like a bit of lagenlook if you don't mind sharing alabaster?

alabasterangel Sun 18-Jun-17 21:13:04

No problem! Where are you geographically? I have a brilliant place near me that sells lagenlook type stuff with a lot of brands/ choice and tops start at about £15. I also (for a bit more special) have a few summer pieces from a seller called Caroline Ann on eBay (you can search for her). She used to design for high street stores then started doing her own thing for a gap in the market - curvier clothes but loosely fitted. Everything I've had from her has been lovely and she sometimes sells off samples.

I also buy Masai clothing company second hand on eBay. I love their stuff, it's so comfortable.

www.lagenlookclothinguk.co.uk/collections/clothing/products/lagenlook-flower-printed-scarf-top-tunic-in-white-code-4595

This is also a good site ^ although I wouldn't bother with the scarf (??!)) and very reasonable prices,

Standstilling Sun 18-Jun-17 21:52:26

Midlands/north. Off to look at links - thanks! flowers

HarryDresdensLeatherDuster Tue 20-Jun-17 19:55:04

Sorry, Life has got in the way. Thanks for all of your replies.

I like some of the dresses on the Brandalley link and love that top on the lagenlooklook link although the trousers are too much with a baggy top for me. I would want wear skinnies or cigarette trousers rather than loose ones.

Going to check the eBay seller as sounds lovely!

Thank you!

Standstilling Fri 23-Jun-17 11:14:07

Gorgeous linen baggy dresses (below knee on 5'9" me) in sizes 18, 20, 22, 24 in TKMAxx yesterday...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: