Talk

Advanced search

Matching mani/pedi or no no?

(18 Posts)
glitterglitters Sun 18-Jun-17 09:01:36

I'm having a shellac mani/pedi tomorrow in prep for dc2 arrival and an attempt to feel human at this point.

I wanted to get some rather fabulous rainbow glitter on my nails or toes. Is it worth getting the same or should I go for something completely different on top. I remember hearing somewhere (obv very important resource if I can remember) to not match them.

Also any fabulous ideas for chrome glitter holo nail inspo please throw my way!

BusterGonad Sun 18-Jun-17 09:34:32

If I wanted glitter, I would for example do pale pink on fingers and toes then glitter over only the fingers!
Like this but pink toes and pink/glitter nails.

glitterglitters Sun 18-Jun-17 10:14:12

Oooh that's pretty!

curragh Sun 18-Jun-17 10:30:12

How long til your due date? We weren't allowed Shellac after 36 weeks (in case anaesthetic would be needed in case of complications during the birth).

I'm in Ireland so perhaps not the same rule in the U.K... fab colours suggested by PP though

burnishedsilver Sun 18-Jun-17 10:35:38

There was a phase there where matching was considered a no no but that's old news now. Either match or dont, whatever takes your fancy.

Incidentally, I ended up having a section and they took my polish off. I'm not sure if shellac is a good idea. Regular polish might be a safer bet.

TittyGolightly Sun 18-Jun-17 10:36:54

I had a forceps delivery and they removed all nail polish.

Orangebird69 Sun 18-Jun-17 10:37:22

I always match. Didn't realise it was ever a no no. It's not like double denim is it?!

ScarletForYa Sun 18-Jun-17 10:40:15

Yeah, curragh same. They want to see the colour of the nail beds. Oxygen etc.

glitterglitters Sun 18-Jun-17 10:51:35

I checked with my midwife and she said it was ok.

Apparently a lot of people in my city turn up with full acrylics! shock

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 18-Jun-17 10:54:50

I'd check with the midwife first.

TittyGolightly Sun 18-Jun-17 11:05:26

Apparently a lot of people in my city turn up with full acrylics! shock

Not on their feet!

glitterglitters Sun 18-Jun-17 11:06:24

Lol. No not on their feet. Though I have seen false toenails before.

Millipedewithherfeetup Sun 18-Jun-17 11:14:36

How times have changed ! When my dd was born 20 years ago, i cut all if my nails right down as i was worried about scratching the baby changing nappies!

BusterGonad Sun 18-Jun-17 14:11:36

I'm getting my nails done this week, I might go for mint pastel green but want my toes a different colour. Any suggestions anyone? I'm after this colour for manicure. Or very similar.

glitterglitters Sun 18-Jun-17 14:17:24

Oooh that's a lovely colour!

BusterGonad Sun 18-Jun-17 15:09:18

Oh thanks Glitter, I've recently bought a pale lemon dress so I thought the mint would make a good combination!

glitterglitters Sun 18-Jun-17 16:05:40

Maybe you could go for a light periwinkle blue/lilac to go with all the pastel colours? Or do different pastel colour toes. Or a rose blush colour?

BusterGonad Sun 18-Jun-17 17:11:50

I was thinking Rose blush! Good choice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now