Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Estée Lauder double wear

(16 Posts)
sowhatusernameisnttaken Sat 17-Jun-17 22:50:55

Does anyone wear double wear by Estée Lauder either the light version or other one? How do you find it? I saw they do a double wear powder too, is this worth the money, is it any good?

HoneyWheeler Sat 17-Jun-17 23:04:42

I use the foundation and I really like it. I combined it with a Max Factor primer and it lasts all day! But I do have to make sure I moisturise really well as it can be a touch drying

LexieLulu Sat 17-Jun-17 23:07:57

I don't like the one in navy packaging (it's the more long lasting one - you don't need more long lasting than the original and its cakey as f*ck).

Normal double wear in a glass bottle is amazing

fl0raldaisies Sat 17-Jun-17 23:10:39

I used too and it's lovely, but I agree with HoneyWheeler that you do have to moisturise well before hand as it can be drying and look a little cakey if you don't!

Have you tried the Revlon colour stay?? I'd say it's a really good dupe, it lasts just as well on my skin as Estée Lauder, great coverage, it's cheaper and it's got a better colour range too. Also the Kat Von D lock it foundation is similar and also has amazing coverage, think that's around the same price as Estée Lauder tho!

justanotheryoungmother Sat 17-Jun-17 23:17:55

Is the light one for pale people or is it lighter formula?smile

BridgetDarcy Sat 17-Jun-17 23:20:25

I love DW. Have tried lots of alternatives but this is best by far. I think a primer helps avoid it being too drying. Plus a foundation brush makes a big difference. Mac do a pump which fits if you prefer. The powder isn't great TBH. I don't think it should be used with powder.

HTH.

Donttakemeout Sat 17-Jun-17 23:21:07

I use double wear light. I'm 44 and I love it.
It's not cakey and you can build up the coverage.
I use the radiance primer under it and it looks lovely and natural.

Everyonelovessparkles Sun 18-Jun-17 08:43:58

I use both. I like DW, I only use it sparingly so it isn't too drying but got the light version for summer and really like it too. They have a good colour range. The light is less drying than the normal one but offers good coverage but looks natural and you can build it up if you want more coverage. Best foundations I've tried and I've used a lot! I'm 39, with combination / sensitive skin.

CaptainWarbeck Sun 18-Jun-17 08:49:09

I found there wasn't enough coverage in the DW light but that normal DW looked a bit heavy.

Agree with a pp that Revlon colorstay is a really good dupe, dewy not cakey and great coverage. They have heaps of shades too and formulations for oily and dry skin. I'm a bit of a fan!

Polentacake Sun 18-Jun-17 09:25:47

DW broke me out really badly, I'm afraid. Looked lovely on before it did but if you're prone to acne, approach with caution! It's taken 6 months to get my skin back to clear.

Plockplock Sun 18-Jun-17 09:27:58

I've been using a sample of DW Light and I'm disappointed. The palest shade is too dark for me and, while it does stay put for most of the day, I find that after a couple of hours my oily face is even oilier than other foundations I've tried. I really hoped that it would be the one to hold off the oily shine. Back to the drawing board...

Plockplock Sun 18-Jun-17 09:29:50

Yes, Polenta I've experienced a break out too. I've been using a prescription acne treatment for a few months and have been spot free, after using this for 5 days, I have two red and painful chin spots.

sparechange Sun 18-Jun-17 09:31:57

I've used it on and off for years
It is quite heavy, and the bottle is a really irritating design! It doesn't have a pump so you have to tip it out onto a brush or sponge which is very inaccurate and results in quite a lot of wastage. And when you near the end of the bottle, you have to leave it stored upside down and the scoop it out of the lid.

But it stays on fairly well and gives good coverage (might be too much for some people though)

I've recently moved to Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even finish and much prefer it - its a creamy texture but isn't too heavy, it lasts very well and the bottle has a pump!

FourEyesGood Sun 18-Jun-17 09:46:21

I started using Double Wear Light a couple of months ago and I really like it. When I've just put it on, it looks a tiny bit patchy, but five minutes later, my skin looks better than it has done with any other foundation. I'm 38, btw.

JeffVadersMum Sun 18-Jun-17 15:03:33

You can get a pump to fit, mac does one

secretgirl Sun 18-Jun-17 18:34:25

With the right skin prep DW is amazing. Moisturiser, primer etc. But it photographs awfully! DW light is ok, not enough coverage for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now