Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anything I can do to volumize my hair without killing it?

(14 Posts)
2littlemoos Sat 17-Jun-17 11:36:22

My hair is very fine and naturally straight. I rarely brush it because it becomes greasy quickly and sometimes static!

Hairdresser says layers will make it look even more fine but I know I would prefer it if I had some more volume.

I don't have time to blowdry it daily, and tbh I'm not very good at it!

Is there anything I can do/use that will not damage my hair?

DonkeyOaty Sat 17-Jun-17 11:42:49

A babyliss big hair might be your answer.

FaithAgain Sat 17-Jun-17 12:14:12

Mine is similar. I have a bob with subtle layers. I rough dry with a hair dryer and then finish with my babyliss big hair. I only straighten on special occasions now so my hair is in far better condition too.

ILikeThatSong123 Sat 17-Jun-17 12:33:43

Backcombing very very closely on the hair roots.
My problem is that my hair volume is no good, I have a round face as well so with flat hair, my head looks like a football. Awful. For that reason I mastered the technique of backcombing. Backcombing very, very closely at the top of my head on the hair roots. Also backcombing very closely on top of my ears. The back combed length is less than an inch and very close to the roots. That's the key for me.
After that I put my head down and put tiny bit of hair spray on the roots.
It lasts quite a long time in the office environment.
Oh, my hair is short. Otherwise long hair never gets voluminous for me, no matter what I do.

NoahPinnyon Sat 17-Jun-17 12:35:35

Baby loss big hair worked for me.

Talisin Sat 17-Jun-17 12:39:27

John Frieda Luxurious Volume helps give my fine, straight hair a bit more body.

FaithAgain Sat 17-Jun-17 12:56:16

Mine is similar. I have a bob with subtle layers. I rough dry with a hair dryer and then finish with my babyliss big hair. I only straighten on special occasions now so my hair is in far better condition too.

OldJoseph Sat 17-Jun-17 13:00:33

Babyliss root crimper...but can't promise it won't ruin your hair. If you try it and find it works there are heat protector products out there.

VerityHabitat Sat 17-Jun-17 13:02:02

Same as Talisin - it's good stuff.

I have super thick hair but it is fine - the John Frieda works great for me.

Talisin Sat 17-Jun-17 13:06:29

Oh and the John Frieda stuff is half price (£5) at Sainsburys right now.

humanfemale Sat 17-Jun-17 13:07:35

Dry shampoo gives me more volume than any gadget, by a mile.

humanfemale Sat 17-Jun-17 13:07:57

Plus you done have to wash your hair as much.

2littlemoos Sat 17-Jun-17 14:43:40

Okay definitely going to look into a babyliss and some JF. Although I've just come from Sainsburys but only just seen the replies! angry

Thanks all! My hair is fairly long and it took me two pregnancies and to quit dying my hair to get to this length so am keen to not do too much to my hair, but still, a bit of backcombing or using a heated appliance shouldn't cause too much damage if using sparingly... I hope!

burnishedsilver Sat 17-Jun-17 15:58:22

Babyliss big hair and john frieda lux volume root spray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now