Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What would you do with £150?

(19 Posts)
BoysRule Fri 16-Jun-17 20:14:29

There are worse dilemmas!

Big birthday coming up and MIL has asked what I want with a £150 budget.

I am getting jewellery from others, have a lovely purse, always happy to have another handbag.

Is there anything trending at the moment? I like the look of camera bags. Any good brands? I like Ally Capellino but they're a bit £. Also like Kate Spade but not the gold.

What would you do with £150?

d270r0 Fri 16-Jun-17 21:21:55

I'd get a fitbit

OohMavis Fri 16-Jun-17 21:28:55

Driving lessons.

OohMavis Fri 16-Jun-17 21:29:26

But apart from that, a lovely new coat smile

MrsBadger Fri 16-Jun-17 21:29:39

New tree for the garden

BusterGonad Fri 16-Jun-17 21:34:27

I think I'd save it until the lovely autumn winter clothes come out, I really love autumn and winter fashion.

AliciaMayEmory Fri 16-Jun-17 21:35:21

I'd buy either a lovely perfume and matching body lotion, nice make-up or a new bag. There are some nice Ugg sandals at the minute (most comfortable flip flops I've ever had!) that I would usually think twice before spending so much on, or maybe a new jacket. So many choices! Enjoy spending!

Banananana Fri 16-Jun-17 21:57:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SukiTheDog Fri 16-Jun-17 22:01:30

Foreo Luna .... £125. For beautifully clean skin. It has a massager on the other side. That's good too.

TerfwithaNerf Fri 16-Jun-17 22:06:19

Buy a ticket to see Lady Gaga later this year.

Something I'm very close to doing anyway especially if I have another wine.

Floisme Fri 16-Jun-17 22:38:46

How lovely. I was going to say jewellery but it sounds like you're already getting some so, if your mother in law doesn't mind, I'd save it until September then top it up and get some Brora cashmere.

KimchiLaLa Fri 16-Jun-17 22:44:02

I would ask for very simple, classic jewellery - maybe a gold plated or silver version

RickOShay Fri 16-Jun-17 22:50:10

I would get a wool charcoal grey winter coat. Or if you need to get something now I would get silk pyjamas. Or a massage. What a lovely mil. Mine is a war baby and gives me lily bulbsgrin

WinifredAtwellsOtherPiano Fri 16-Jun-17 22:52:35

Gosh life's tough sometimes isn't it! I think I'd go for a new pair of LK Bennett shoes - I've only got the one pair and they're comfortable and beautiful and good quality, but they're very very dull because if I'm shelling out that much for a pair of shoes I want them to go with everything. If someone else was buying I'd go for a colour or pattern that was a bit less predictable.

WillowWeeping Fri 16-Jun-17 22:53:50

A friend recently bought me a smythson passport holder for my birthday. I love it and beats another wallet smile

Unicorn81 Fri 16-Jun-17 22:57:57

Probably a coach or fossil handbag, or nice fossil watch

LockedOutOfMN Fri 16-Jun-17 22:58:45

Probably skincare. Or a massage.

Llamacorn Fri 16-Jun-17 22:59:50

I love my Kate spade bags and they have a really really good sale at the moment grin

expatinscotland Fri 16-Jun-17 23:00:19

DM boots and some clothes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: