Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which denim shorts?

(8 Posts)
newdocket Thu 15-Jun-17 09:29:32

Please help me wise styleophiles!

I would like to buy some denim shorts as I'm sick of sweltering in trousers. I'm 44, slim, legs are okay-ish, slightly puffy knees aside, hoping they'll be passable with a bit of fake tan. My question is: which length do I go for?

I'm worried that these Longer will actually look frumpy, despite covering more. Equally worried that these Short will be a little too revealing.

Which ones do you think are better?! Are there any better ones out there? Is denim the way to go or are other fabrics better? TIA!

BusterGonad Thu 15-Jun-17 09:55:06

I personally wouldn't choose the longer ones as I would feel a bit too covered and dare I say it frumpy, they do look comfortable but not for me, the shorter ones are not as short as I was expecting and imo are a much nicer length. I can't suggest any others as I generally wear skirts instead of shorts.

newdocket Thu 15-Jun-17 10:06:04

Thanks Buster. I was thinking along those lines tbh

Longhairmightcare Thu 15-Jun-17 11:30:40

I second the shorter ones too, especially if you have slim legs.

changingShorts Thu 15-Jun-17 13:41:12

Another vote for shorter ones (and those are not super-short anyway).

specialsubject Thu 15-Jun-17 13:43:46

Denim is thick and hot so not ideal. But those shorter ones look good. Please no exposed arse cheeks, godawful look on anyone.

newdocket Thu 15-Jun-17 13:44:22

I have bitten bullet and purchased shorter ones. You're right, they are not even that short anyway. Thank you!

newdocket Thu 15-Jun-17 13:44:59

Exposed arse cheeks would be even worse than godawful on me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now