Talk

Advanced search

Skater style dresses/big boobs

(18 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Tue 13-Jun-17 13:23:21

Do these work? I look for something that nips in at the waist and pick a dress like this but then sometimes feel like my chest fills up the whole of the top part and just looks all boobs. What's the rule for this? Avoid? I see pretty dresses in this shape but not sure if it looks quite right.
I quite like this but unsure if it would be flattering.

keeponkeepinon Tue 13-Jun-17 13:24:15

www.oasis-stores.com/gb/clothing/dresses/leila-embroidered-mesh-skater/061541.html

vvviola Tue 13-Jun-17 13:30:31

I can only wear dresses like that it they have a v-neck (actually, I only tend to wear v-neck or lower round necks). High necks make me look all boob.

keeponkeepinon Tue 13-Jun-17 13:51:14

Hmm I think along with the pleated skirt it might be a bit too...voluminous. What's in style these days!? For a nice meal and cocktails type night out. Something midi that covers knees would be good.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 13-Jun-17 13:53:34

I think skater style can work (does on my DD) but maybe better with a plainer bodice? I do like the dress though.

keeponkeepinon Tue 13-Jun-17 18:43:25

I see what you mean. It's a pretty dress but I don't think I am cut right for it!
I don't know what else to go for, I don't enjoy shopping like I used to.

RedMetamorphosis Tue 13-Jun-17 19:02:29

Don't work on me, I end up with a shelf for boobs.

Gap do have a V neck fit and flare which might work.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Tue 13-Jun-17 19:17:20

I find that the waist ends up in the wrong place once I've got my big boobs in there and then it hangs funny round the hips. Skater skirt and separate top gives the right effect as an alternative.

BusterGonad Wed 14-Jun-17 10:56:42

Keepon I've got the previous design of that dress and it works great for me, I'm a size 14 with a big back and boobs and I bought a medium, it has a bit of stretch in it and it looks lovely. I always wear skater or fit and flare. I've got big boobs, slim hips and legs and a bit of a tummy.

BusterGonad Wed 14-Jun-17 10:58:47

My bra size is 36 E or F if that helps!

MyGirlDaisy Wed 14-Jun-17 17:00:09

Have you looked at Bravissimo/Pepperberry - I have big boobs and find their dresses fit really well and they have a few skater styles, I also find dresses with a wrap top quite good too.

BusterGonad Wed 14-Jun-17 17:29:09

My one from last year.

keeponkeepinon Wed 14-Jun-17 17:50:48

That's pretty buster. I don't know, I just feel like the top panel makes it look more like an empire line because of how it sits!

starrynight123 Wed 14-Jun-17 18:25:32

I second Bravissimo for dresses - inc. skater styles. I don't like the empire-line look because they make me look pregnant, but they have lots that aren't that style this season.

BusterGonad Wed 14-Jun-17 19:25:00

This is me in a skater style dress. Excuse the messy room!!! With how the dress looks in the model.

keeponkeepinon Wed 14-Jun-17 21:32:03

That looks a great shape on you!

keeponkeepinon Wed 14-Jun-17 21:32:43

I think i am short waisted which doesn't help.

BusterGonad Thu 15-Jun-17 04:20:46

I actually don't have a waist! 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now