Talk

Advanced search

Acrylic nails help

(4 Posts)
TheWoollybacksWife Mon 12-Jun-17 23:54:43

I'm a complete acrylic nails novice blush - I had my first set done last week. I like them but I'm trying to choose what I want for next time. The current set look lovely but I think I'd like to go a bit shorter.

What shape do I need to ask for to get this look? It looks "rounder" than square but I like the short look. I'm undecided about the French manicure finish but I like the nail shape.

Dizzybacon Mon 12-Jun-17 23:59:41

The perfect nail shape is one that mirrors the shape of your cuticle. So if your cuticles are rounder rather than square then your nail shape should mirror this.

I like the length in your example, it's a classy, practical, non dagger style smile

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 13-Jun-17 00:06:27

Thank you. That's what I like about it too. It will be the only bit of me that is classy grin, but looking at my nails it does mirror my cuticle shape, so that is great advice. I just felt a bit overwhelmed at my first appointment - I'll probably take the photo and show it to the technician.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 13-Jun-17 08:24:56

You can have acrylics as short as you like, have a look at nail shapes online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now