Talk

Advanced search

First date dress advice!

(8 Posts)
Fieryfighter Mon 12-Jun-17 21:27:06

Hi, I've recently started dating again after 7 years (scary) and I have an evening date on Thursday and wanted some dress suggestions. I wear dresses a lot and think would rather a dress than separates. I'm a small sz 14 (nearly a 12 again) with big boobs. 5'6".

I've been looking online and I'm totally frazzled by all the choices!!

Fieryfighter Mon 12-Jun-17 21:35:59

Oh also I'm 43 but look more mid-late 30s, not keen on tummy or upper arms, good boobs and legs. Hope someone can help!

Flyinggeese Mon 12-Jun-17 21:38:08

Hey OP how exciting! How 'dressy' is the venue? Posh dinner, informal pub etc?

Fieryfighter Mon 12-Jun-17 21:41:24

Meeting for drinks in local wine bar, potentially food after. Sorry should have said!

Fieryfighter Mon 12-Jun-17 21:42:11

It's kind of a place where people wear anything, can be jeans or proper dressed up, I've been there in both types of outfit.

Fieryfighter Tue 13-Jun-17 17:50:15

Anyone?

Tenpastlate Tue 13-Jun-17 19:00:27

I'm no good at this sort of thing, especially in summer wear, but bumping for you and interested in the replies..

LambChopsMcGee Tue 13-Jun-17 22:30:10

Not very helpful, maybe, but I say wear something you feel comfortable in.. Don't buy something new and risk feeling weird in it or realising that it sits funny mid date. Pick one of your favourite dresses that you feel good in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now