Talk

Advanced search

Is there any way I can encourage my eyebrows to thicken up?

(9 Posts)
SealSong Mon 12-Jun-17 17:00:21

I have naturally fairly rubbish eyebrows and they seem to have thinned out to the point that there are gaps and the outer half of each brow is very narrow.
This is not through over plucking, indeed I have generally left them to do their own thing with just occasional tidying of a few surrounding hairs. They seem to just have thinned out with age...I'm peri-menopausal also, don't know if that is a causal factor.
They look ok ish with judicious use of an eyebrow pencil to flesh them out, but is there any way I can get them to grow any thicker?
Thanks

sadmonkey1 Mon 12-Jun-17 19:40:04

I can't vouch for it myself but the other day my threading lady was extolling the virtues of castor oil for this. Apparently apply it with a cotton but in the shape you'd like your brows to grow and over a couple of weeks the hair will be much thicker. She said it works for lashes too so might be worth a try!

LindyHemming Mon 12-Jun-17 21:18:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SealSong Mon 12-Jun-17 21:19:23

Ah thanks both. A couple of good suggestions, I'll look in to both.

Welshcake77 Mon 12-Jun-17 22:05:27

Interesting about the castor oil, my brow lady suggests almond oil grin
Rapidbrow is v good though as said not a cheap option

BettyOBarley Mon 12-Jun-17 22:09:32

Just came to say definitely Rapid Brow!
It always works really quickly for me too.

sowhatusernameisnttaken Mon 12-Jun-17 22:13:22

How does rapidbrow work exactly?

MiniCooperLover Mon 12-Jun-17 22:14:45

Rapid Brow is good, I've used it before but it's pricey. I've found Vaseline works well too. Mine were the same and thin out at certain times of the month and not others and this has helped 👍

NomDePlumeReloaded Mon 12-Jun-17 22:19:16

If you have fair eyebrows then try dyeing them. I do it and it makes all the difference. It picks up all of the tiny grey blonde invisible ones (which look like gaps from a distance pre dye) and dyes them dark. I go for a mid brown as my hair is sort of browny blonde, it gives the impression of much thicker brows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now