Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eyeliner

(10 Posts)
Jultay Sun 11-Jun-17 08:25:43

How can I achieve a smudgy eyeliner .... I currently use a pencil but it just appears too harsh and a solid line ... I've tried smudging it with a cotton bud but just ends up looking like a dirty mark ... any help appreciated or recommendation for a pencil that lasts x

Crispsheets Sun 11-Jun-17 08:28:27

Don't get the new Bobby Brown pencil. It is awful. I actually took it back as it broke off ( it's like a propelling pencil) and dragged the skin.

MaisyPops Sun 11-Jun-17 08:30:30

I use bare minerals dark eyeshadow powder with an eyeliner brush. You can use it wet or dry.

Boujois also do some lovely soft smudgable kohl ones with a blender brush on the end. I love the dark charcoal grey one as it's less harsh than black.

Greenteandchives Sun 11-Jun-17 08:32:13

I use a dark grey powder eyeshadow by Stila, and apply with an eyeliner brush. Easy.

CherylVole Sun 11-Jun-17 08:32:33

Angle it better. I do it with all sorts of pencils so wonder if it's your technique

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sun 11-Jun-17 08:57:02

Try a cream shadow pencil.
It won't be a sharp line, but it will be smudgy.

I use a smudge brush, much better than a cotton bud.

Or use a dampened powder shadow.

Botanicbaby Sun 11-Jun-17 09:12:14

Just buy a Boots no7 pencil,the ones with the eraser type bit on the end.

The pencil goes on so smudgily they don't need that bit anyway. One of the many reasons I stopped buying pencil eyeliners, it just put me off.

SarahBeeney Sun 11-Jun-17 09:16:08

Definitely try eyeshadow with a slanted brush. Slightly damp brush. Gives a much better effect.

RoseVase2010 Sun 11-Jun-17 09:40:03

On my upper eyelid I use eyeshadow, a little water and an angled brush and get good results. For my lower eyelid I use an eyeliner pencil.

Jultay Sun 11-Jun-17 11:11:04

Thanks everyone some great tips here 👍🏽👍🏽 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now