Talk

Advanced search

Post Microblading Help please !

(56 Posts)
Chicinwellies Sat 10-Jun-17 20:31:31

So last Friday I had microblading done at a popular, experienced and high end beauticians . It looked wonderful and the aftercare was clearly explained and paperwork duly read.
However today, day 8 after my treatment, I've had my first shower (as in face immersed not first shower in 8 days), patted my face dry, and literally every trace of the microblading has disappeared. I'm not entirely sure what to do now, it's not like I've exfoliated them off or even dried my face vigorously. Ugh! I've got an appointment first thing Monday to get my beauticians opinion but wanted to ask on here what you think. Will appointment two go ahead still and just hope that it takes quicker or I leave them longer next time? £380 has literally just gone down the sink

JuicyCake Sat 10-Jun-17 20:34:13

What is microblading? What was attached to your face, that you can't wash it?

Cantamendusername Sat 10-Jun-17 20:38:38

They always fade a lot after the first time, that's why they do the second appointment. They'll be fine after the second appointment, I love mine! smile

Chicinwellies Sat 10-Jun-17 21:16:02

Cantamendusername that's good to know, I so hope you're right, I can barely see them and just loved how they looked pre first wash! Was the second appointment a big difference ?

Cantamendusername Sat 10-Jun-17 21:25:13

This was just after I'd had them done the second time

Cantamendusername Sat 10-Jun-17 21:29:21

And one they'd healed second time around. I literally hardly any eyebrows before having them done.

CondensedMilkSarnies Sat 10-Jun-17 21:29:53

My friend does microblading and has done lots of our mutual friends. They have all faded a bit but not disappeared completely.

Having said that she did my eyeliner - it peeled off after the first and second go. It was agony and I didn't bother to have it done again.

Llamacorn Sat 10-Jun-17 21:32:11

This happens a lot, looks like the colour has gone completely to start with.
I was told it had to work its way back to the surface. I've had mine redone 3 times and they fade so much each time, don't worry, you should have been told that though.

Cantamendusername Sat 10-Jun-17 21:32:44

I think it's worth every penny, no more drawing them on grin

beachbodyunready Sat 10-Jun-17 21:33:45

Lovely eyebrows. Doesn't want to admit that she doesn't have s clue what's being discussed so off to google.

JuicyCake Sat 10-Jun-17 21:48:00

Oh, I was thinking of dermaplaning... Is this like semi-permanent tattoo or are little hairs attached (like eyebrow false lashes, I suppose)?

JuicyCake Sat 10-Jun-17 21:49:04

Also not sure what dermaplaning is! Off to Google with me too...

xxJennyxx Sat 10-Jun-17 21:50:33

Yes, this is normal! I've had mine done recently and thought they had dissapeared but it's just where the skin heals over and the colour comes back through again. Don't worry smile

HeyRoly Sat 10-Jun-17 21:51:14

This might help. Apparently it's normal for the strokes to appear faded as they heal.

Had mine done a week ago. Although I'm expecting some parts to not "take" and need redoing. Does your salon offer a free touch up within the first eight weeks or so!

HeyRoly Sat 10-Jun-17 21:52:13

That was supposed to be a question mark, not an exclamation mark smile

Chicinwellies Sat 10-Jun-17 22:06:01

Fantastic, that is all reassuring ! Yes, I'm booked for 6 weeks after the first treatment date for touch up, but no, it wasn't made clear that they would 'appear' pretty much washed away. I'm sure it will all be worth it and hoping that my brows look half as good as on here . Thanks again

bobkate Sat 10-Jun-17 23:02:11

I'm on day 6 after having mine done and I think one eyebrow is slightly too high in comparison to the other shock so I'm really hoping it fades a lot more than it has done as yet. I haven't got them wet yet...wondering if I should and then get them sorted on the touch up appt?

bobkate Sat 10-Jun-17 23:08:46

So I think this photo was about day 4..... I think it's because my eyes are slightly wonky, or I'm overthinking the whole thing which is more likely!

CondensedMilkSarnies Sat 10-Jun-17 23:38:53

bobkate I think they look fine, if they are too symmetrical, they look fake.

bobkate Sun 11-Jun-17 00:13:35

Phew - thanks condesensed - I think it's just odd seeing permanent brows there when I'm not used to that and I'm looking at them too much!!! I've just put some more after care stuff on and they've gone a lot more patchy so I think this is the start of the real colour fade.

bobkate Sun 11-Jun-17 00:14:35

condensed sorry, not condesensed!!!...typing in bed not so easy!

Dontsayyouloveme Sun 11-Jun-17 00:52:57

Have a read of this ladies experience of microblading. It's a brilliant description (and pictures) of the different stages you go through with the healing etc. It really comforted me after my first session! I love them now 8 weeks in, totally worth it! lemonsqueezyhome.com/2016/08/eyebrow-microblading.html

CherylVole Sun 11-Jun-17 06:58:47

They all look so fake. Horrible

Dailystuck71 Sun 11-Jun-17 08:06:05

Being a bitch much Cheryl?

They will fade. I'm on day 9 of session 3 and they are now taking. That said I have been told to keep mine dry for 2 weeks.

CherylVole Sun 11-Jun-17 08:21:18

* shrugs * #sharpie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now