Talk

Advanced search

Beautiful bathroom things

(15 Posts)
copperthing Thu 08-Jun-17 22:34:58

I've just had a new bathroom fitted and, after washing in the kitchen sink for five weeks, it's glorious.
I want to put beautiful toiletries on the open shelves - help me out ladies. Any suggestions?

Janeinthemiddle Thu 08-Jun-17 22:40:37

Nice perfume bottles? Candles?

humanfemale Thu 08-Jun-17 23:47:32

Neals yard with the lovely cobalt blue glass bottles?

Ahhhh am seeking refuge from constant election-result-checking here in s&b!

Funnyfarmer Thu 08-Jun-17 23:52:57

Tk max do some right fancy looking toiletries for a fairly reasonable price. Don't know if there any good. But they look fancy

Ollivander84 Thu 08-Jun-17 23:53:07

TK Maxx often has really pretty stuff in, especially handwash and soaps. Worth a browse

Funnyfarmer Thu 08-Jun-17 23:53:45

Great minds @Ollivander84grin

ooodile Thu 08-Jun-17 23:55:11

Ortigia has really beautiful packaging.

Ollivander84 Thu 08-Jun-17 23:58:49

I have a by nature handwash at the minute from TK Maxx, it's lemongrass and ginger and the nicest smelling thing ever if you see that one! Brown bottle but quite sleek looking. I had a decorator painting my living room and he came out the bathroom asking if he could take a photo because "that hand stuff smells immense and I want some"
I was confusedgrin but have since bought other stuff same brand and it's all gorgeous

Or they have sets of handwash and hand cream

Funnyfarmer Fri 09-Jun-17 00:01:29

I've sniffed everything in theregrin. It all smells great! I was in there the other week looking and sniffing them for ages. I didn't have any spare money though sad.

yomellamoHelly Fri 09-Jun-17 07:17:33

I'd go for Molton Brown stuff if money were no object. Bottles look amazing and their stuff smells divine.

Hmmalittlefishy Fri 09-Jun-17 07:19:50

Could you buy some beautiful glass bottles and decant whatever toiletries you usually use into them?

Unicorn81 Fri 09-Jun-17 09:27:43

Molton brown or loccitane. If you want accessories the range or dunelm are fab. I got a glass nottle from dunelm that i filled with radox, looks gret. Also got some glass bottles with corks from poundland. Also ted baker packaging is lovely

MingeFog Fri 09-Jun-17 14:36:35

For something a little different, bathroom shelves are great places to keep plants - I got this friendly little guy from Asda for £3.50 (it's a Jurassic plant, but ferns are also a good option because they love the moist air). He sits in the corner where the loo pipes are boxed in.

(For size comparison, the pot is approx. the length of an iPhone 4.)

MingeFog Fri 09-Jun-17 14:39:48

(Also, WOW, I reallllllly need to go back over with some masking tape! At least that's down in the corner, where no one really looks grin)

copperthing Fri 16-Jun-17 22:46:25

I'm SO sorry - I completely forgot to come back!

Thank you all for your suggestions - I want all the things smile

I actually have a cactus like that in my office - great idea, I'll bring it home 🏡

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now