Talk

Advanced search

It's another help a heavily pregnant woman look stylish at a wedding thread

(7 Posts)
Archip17 Thu 08-Jun-17 18:10:21

Oh wise ladies of S&B, I have a wedding next Saturday, where I'll be 30 weeks pregnant. The wedding dress code is Bright and Beautiful, and will be in church and then on to a pub.

I have a blue/purple dress (pic hopefully attached) from Tiffany Rose, and it's nice enough, but I'm huge, like a ship in full sail!

Please help me feel better about how I'll look by helping me find lovely jewellery to accessorise?

I am blonde, 5 "7 and am thinking of wearing this scarf with the dress https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/175600857/peacock-scarf-blue-silk-scarf-feather with it.

On jewellery do you think gold or silver? I was thinking a statement necklace?

Also, any ideas on shoes for my swollen trotters are much appreciated! Thank you!

needsomesunshineandwine Thu 08-Jun-17 18:13:44

I know you have already bought your dress but have you thought about a maxi style dress, will also cover your feet?

Deathraystare Fri 09-Jun-17 08:28:03

With the dress and scarf you could get away with either gold or silver jewellry. What do you normally wear? If you have warm coluring you will probably suit gold more. If cool, then silver.

Hopefully the scarf is long enough to 'disguise' the bump a bit. I hate saying that as if there is something wrong with having a 'bump' so hope you are not offended but it is hard to make an outfit good with a bump (I am not pregnant but have a big tummy so I sort of know how it can spoil an outfit!)

Obviously you won't want high heels so perhaps some flattish or low heeled sandals in either silver or gold to match the jewellrey?

I am sure someone who has been there (Preggers at a wedding) will be along soon to advise!

Archip17 Fri 09-Jun-17 09:46:20

@needsomesunshineandwine I did think about going maxi, but I'm running out of time to find something else. Thank you though.

@Deathraystare thank you, and I'm not offended at all! I actually wear gold and silver, but I think I am more warm toned. So I'm leaning towards gold. Some gold sandals are a good call too. Better get searching!

needsomesunshineandwine Fri 09-Jun-17 10:04:48

Gold would be lovely with your dress.

Previous pregnancies I opted for long dresses as my feet ballooned.

Thankfully I have no outings this pregnancy and know the struggles to get dressed let along for an occasion, ha.

Have a great day.

ew1990 Fri 09-Jun-17 10:12:53

I have a wedding in October when I'll be around 37 weeks, I'm dreading it xx

BoredOnMatLeave Fri 09-Jun-17 10:23:14

Silver or Gold would be fine and pretty, flat, sandals. Something simple so you don't draw too much attention to your feet. I had to buy wide feet when I was pregnant as my feet were too swollen for normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now