Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrows - opinions please

(39 Posts)
UserThenLotsOfNumbers Wed 07-Jun-17 09:05:36

My natural eyebrows are light blonde, fairly thick but virtually invisible. I groom them with an eyebrow trimmer thingy. This is how I currently "style" them. Completely drawn on with an Avon blonde eyebrow pencil with some face powder over the top to set them. I've tried many things but find it difficult to get a good fair colour and one that lasts.

Please give me your honest opinions. Do I look like an idiot. Any recommendations welcome. Thanks!

Mysterycat23 Wed 07-Jun-17 10:19:44

What's the issue?

Looks like a threading would sort out the stragglers under the brow.

What colour is your hair at the moment? Is it a similar shade? Or is it much lighter?

The general advice I've heard is to fill in brows with powder that is 1 or 2 shades lighter than the eyebrow hair. Urban decay do eyebrow boxes with 2 shades in, one darker shade for more dramatic brows and one lighter shade for every day wear.

If your hair is lighter then I'd say go a few shades lighter for your brows to soften the look. But then again it depends on your overall style, some people really suit dramatic eyebrows.

Crochita Wed 07-Jun-17 10:36:26

They are a lovely shape. You can see some hairs below your pencil line so use the trimmer after you've had your pencil.

The colour looks great.

Softkitty2 Wed 07-Jun-17 13:30:30

Maybe have them threaded and tinted.. Personally I would go slightly darker and grow them to become thicker

dementedpixie Wed 07-Jun-17 13:32:14

I get mine waxed and tinted

AStickInTime Wed 07-Jun-17 13:34:45

I would get them down professionally first time to get the shape right, then go a tiny bit darker than the shade you've chosen. You've got nice arches and so don't cut them too thin in case they don't grow back for you!

AStickInTime Wed 07-Jun-17 13:35:11

DONE professionally, not down!

someblondegirl Wed 07-Jun-17 13:40:04

I agree with pp's. Get yourself to a salon who will tint and shape them for you. Then after that you can just pluck them to maintain the shape and keep up with the tints at the salon smile

IfNot Wed 07-Jun-17 13:45:34

I think you should fill in the whole area where the brow is. They look quite narrow. Don't pluck them more! I over plucked mine in the nineties and they never grew back. Now I get them done at the salon ( semi perm feather effect wotsit)
It's really hard to find natural eyebrow colour on the high st. I'm brunette but the brunette powders and pencils are often mahogany!

PointlessUsername Wed 07-Jun-17 13:46:10

Agree with the threading and tinting.

I also would grow them in a little thicker.

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Wed 07-Jun-17 14:11:08

Thanks everyone for your advice!
I don't pluck them at all. They are so fair (a bit fairer than they look in this photo tbh) so they don't have natural arches or anything like that, they are literally completely drawn on!
I am going to take your advice and get them done professionally, also thicker as this is fashionable atm. I'm hoping once they are sorted professionally they will be easy to maintain!
Thanks again.

happinessbythekilowatt Wed 07-Jun-17 14:22:25

@IfNot Definitely agree about most drug store brown eyebrow pencils having a red-ish tint to them. The worst offender I've found is Rimmel - truly awful.

However, the Bourjois Sourcil (sp?) eyebrow pencil in Brown is really good. I usually use Anastasia Brow Wiz/Benefit Goof Proof and the colour of Bourjois is exactly the same.

KoalaDownUnder Wed 07-Jun-17 14:28:37

They need to be thicker. As in, a thicker 'line'.

Get thee to a Benefit Brow Bar and get them to make you over using Ka-Brow.

RedMetamorphosis Wed 07-Jun-17 20:03:25

Def need to be thicker, an eyebrow wax and tint is good value in most salons. They will also help you grow them into a shape that frames your face.

The best shade universally for an eyebrow pencil is grey. I have very dark hair and use the same shade as my close friend who has fairer hair than the OP. It works for all.

Intransige Wed 07-Jun-17 20:16:27

Just get them tinted to start with then do the bare minimum tweezing for shape, with some minor professional shaping help to start with perhaps. If you do heavy restructuring the hairs start the regrow in random places over time <bitter experience>.

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Sat 10-Jun-17 09:06:16

Update!

Haven't had a chance to go to a professional but I have drawn my eyebrows on more naturally and thicker. I think they look better now. Thanks for all your advice!

NImbleJumper Sat 10-Jun-17 09:15:23

Why not use eyebrow/eyelash dye? Drawn on eyebrows always look tacky and naff. Sorry OP, but they do.

I use eyelash dye about every 6 weeks and it saves all the smudgy fuss of blonde eyebrows and eyelashes. Also, as others say, get to a salon and get them shaped. They'll dye them as well. So you don't get the "coloured in" look of drawn on fake eyebrows.

dementedpixie Sat 10-Jun-17 09:16:12

They look much better now

raindropstea Sat 10-Jun-17 09:55:15

The way you're doing it now with the thicker brow is very flattering and your eyes look lovely. A thicker brow is more youthful as well. Keep doing your brows like this. smile

raindropstea Sat 10-Jun-17 09:57:17

Oh and it looks live you've been to a professional, so very impressive!
The only thing I might suggest is investing in an Anastasia brow wiz or pomade like another poster suggested. The brush with the spoolie on the end helps it to look more natural like little hairs (brush through after you apply the brow wiz or pomade).

Untangled07 Sat 10-Jun-17 10:24:33

Much better in the second picture! They look a bit weird in the first picture - too thin and too obviously drawn on.

BusterGonad Sat 10-Jun-17 18:03:20

Defiantly better thicker, so much more flattering.

GloriaV Sat 10-Jun-17 18:10:59

I use a body shop pencil in olive I think they no longer do it but try some pencils which are grey/ green rather than gingery brown. I also get my brows dyed sometimes.

SmartyPants0 Sat 10-Jun-17 21:42:42

I'm usually a lerker but had to comment to say your eyebrows look great in the second picture ☺

TheRollingCrone Sat 10-Jun-17 21:57:27

Lovely eyebrows and such beautifully coloured sparkly eyes.
Now remember eyebrows are sisters not twins grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now