Talk

Advanced search

Holiday trousers

(13 Posts)
fuzzyfozzy Tue 06-Jun-17 14:45:19

Hi has anyone found any magical trousers that are cool, and not creased yet don't make me all sweaty???
I bought some stretchy casual things and had v unattractive sweat patches...

Whatthefoxgoingon Tue 06-Jun-17 17:31:04

I need this too. Linen is cool but creases so badly I hate to have to iron it on holiday!

scurryfunge Tue 06-Jun-17 17:34:52

What about finding something in cheesecloth which feels cool?

fuzzyfozzy Tue 06-Jun-17 18:46:25

Off to google cheesecloth, never heard of it.

scurryfunge Tue 06-Jun-17 18:50:35

You are not a 70's child then grin?

CrispyBathTowel Tue 06-Jun-17 18:52:52

I got a pair of the Next jersey tapered trousers for £18 the other day to wear on the plane. They don't crease when wearing and I haven't sweated in them yet - though it's hardly been roasting where I am but they do seem non-sweaty. I got plain black ones but they have loads of different patterned ones.

I also got a pair of black jersey wide legged cropped trousers from there recently too which I'm planning on taking on hols. I don't normally get much from Next/find a lot that I like but I'm pleased with those 2 purchases.

NC4now Tue 06-Jun-17 19:13:45

Depends on your style. I got some cotton harem pants for hippying round India but you could style them differently to the way I did, or go for different patterns/plain.

Mine were a bit like this.

BAISHENGGT Women's Loose Lounge Harem Pants Trousers With Side Pockets Apricot Floral-2 Medium www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y4LRSCJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_SaVnzbQVKRR2R?tag=mumsnetforum-21

NC4now Tue 06-Jun-17 19:16:32

I got the plain black ones.

fuzzyfozzy Tue 06-Jun-17 19:34:47

Thanks, I've lost a bit of weight recently but no idea if I'm a baggy person now.
I'll pop to the shops this weekend

CrispyBathTowel Tue 06-Jun-17 19:54:45

I tried these on the other week in RI. They have some nice ones online once you scroll past all the dross

www.riverisland.com/women/trousers--leggings/tapered-trousers/black-floral-print-tapered-trousers-703177

LadyPenelopeCantDance Tue 06-Jun-17 19:57:00

Primark and H&M have lots of cheap and cheerful trousers for less than £10. Mins of tapered at the bottom, lots of choices of colours too.

Smellyrose Tue 06-Jun-17 22:42:43

NC4now I've got those trousers sitting in my Amazon basket! I'm a pear with too much weight around my stomach - I'm not sure if baggy suits me, but I can't wear tight jeans all summer.

NC4now Tue 06-Jun-17 23:04:38

They are worth a try @smellyrose. I was surprised how flattering they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now