Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have any beauty hacks?

(31 Posts)
jaffacakesaremyfave Mon 05-Jun-17 19:25:43

I've just discovered the satisfying smoothness from a Korean towel. It's made my skin feel amazing!!! Why have I only just heard of these when they have been around for decades!!

Are there any other products that you have discovered and now can't live without? I'm trying to take better care of my skin and generally feel less like a frumpy fat blob and would like to try some new skincare/hair/makeup routines

Funnyfarmer Mon 05-Jun-17 19:27:43

I can't help sorry. Just being nosey to see if anyone can help me too

HappyHoppy Mon 05-Jun-17 19:42:18

What's a Korean towel? Where did you get it from?

Barbie1 Mon 05-Jun-17 19:43:28

Dermaplaning. Makes your skin wonderfully
Smooth and makeup look flawless.

jaffacakesaremyfave Mon 05-Jun-17 20:03:05

It's a wash mitt made from acrylic. You soak in the bath for 15 minutes and use it to exfoliate. You can see the dead skin rolling off!! I got mine from Amazon for £7

How much is dermablading? I'm on a tight budget so looking for things I can do/use at home

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 05-Jun-17 20:24:29

<<Googles Korean Towel>>

Is it the Italian Towel - stripes on it? Is that the same thing?

What's the advantage over a loofah (aside from being able to wash it) or a flannel?
I don't like those exfoliating mitts (the white scratchy ones) my skin feels itchy for ages after.

I bought some nail buffers from Primark today (I can't wear nail product to work) - a few minutes effort, I have smooth buffed nails grin

metalmum15 Mon 05-Jun-17 20:44:05

I don't know how your feet are grin but if you have cracked heels, try Newtons Chiropody Sponge. It's fantastic, the only thing I've found that makes my feet super soft and stay that way! I use it about once a week then bung a load of cream on. I spend all summer in flip flops or barefoot, but my feet don't thank me for it.

I've never heard of a Korean towel either. Might have to try that one.

Barbie1 Mon 05-Jun-17 20:47:25

You can buy the razors for £1.99 for three in SuperDrive so it's dirt cheap! I offer it to my clients during a facial, most of them do it at home now too.

Barbie1 Mon 05-Jun-17 20:47:40

Super drug*

jaffacakesaremyfave Mon 05-Jun-17 20:49:49

Yes it has stripes on 70's but not sure if an Italian one is the same thing. I hate those scratchy mitts too, the texture is awful!! It gets way more skin off than a loofah, you can see it rolling off in balls

I will have to try the foot sponge. My feet are awful!!!

jaffacakesaremyfave Mon 05-Jun-17 20:52:32

I'll pop into Superdrug tomorrow and gibe it a try Barbie after watching lots of YouTube videos first so I don't cut my face

QueenMortifauxcado Mon 05-Jun-17 20:55:27

A body brush on dry skin does wonders for me. I also like coconut oil as a moisturiser (body, not face) and for use under hair dye / bleach as a protector. Makeup eraser cloths are good too.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 05-Jun-17 22:18:40

Love the sound of the Korean towel!

HectorAndKiki Wed 07-Jun-17 20:30:57

Bumping .... I haven't got any beauty hacks, but I'm hoping someone else will 😀

LoupGarou Wed 07-Jun-17 20:43:58

A tablespoon of coconut oil in bathwater makes you skin lovely and silky, especially if you rub it in afterwards and add your normal moisturizer too.

I mix coffee grinds with my face wash and very gently rub that onto my face including under eye area every evening, leave for five minutes and then wash off, its made my dark circles almost disappear and has made my skin look a lot fresher.

A kitchen scourer sponges, the ones which are yellow sponge on on side and green brillo on the other side, are excellent for scrubbing hard skin off feet after you've had a bath. I also use them very very gently to exfoliate my legs blush

I'll try to think of more

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Wed 07-Jun-17 22:51:35

Hair conditioner to shave legs

mynameislolita Wed 07-Jun-17 22:55:15

thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 08-Jun-17 01:37:14

You can use talcum powder to shave (dry obviously), if you don't have time for a shower/bath! I find I nick a lot less and get a much smoother finish.

seoulsurvivor Thu 08-Jun-17 01:42:18

Italian towel is the Korean name for a Korean towel (confusing).

I use an eyebrow razor to basically do dermablading on my whole face. Once a month or so. I also use it to shape my eyebrows, it's a lot easier than plucking.

Sudocrem for basically everything.

ILikeyourHairyHands Thu 08-Jun-17 01:42:41

Fags, they make you thin.

Also, try to have uglier friends.

Crochita Thu 08-Jun-17 02:26:19

Styptic pencil after you've squeezed a spot will instantly seal the ooze and allow make up to be applied without the horrible dried ooze cornflake appearing later.

Vaseline applied at night for long and strong nails.

Use a fresh toned eyeliner not a white pencio on your inner eye, to make your eyes look bigger. White is too harsh.

Crochita Thu 08-Jun-17 02:26:38

Flesh

toffeeboffin Thu 08-Jun-17 02:33:40

Johnson's baby lotion as eye make up remover

retainertrainer Thu 08-Jun-17 06:09:53

The concept of dermaplaning really annoys me. We can't have hairy legs,arm pits,top lips and now we've supposed to be shaving our whole faces?! No thanks.

My lip is to use a designated lip balm on dry heels-works a treat.

seoulsurvivor Thu 08-Jun-17 06:11:58

retainer it's more for removing the dead skin for me, the hair is just an after thought.

I don't bother with armpit or fanjo hair removal, occasionally do my legs but I like having a soft face. I do my husbands too. It's satisfying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now