Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best product for disguising red knees???

(11 Posts)
Purplerainbow Mon 05-Jun-17 16:05:20

I'm going away somewhere warm and my knees are red which high lights how ugly my knees are! I need something to cover them up as I will be going out dancing in the evening and want to wear a skirt. I don't want fake tan. Needs to be waterproof or transfer proof as will get hot when dancing!

Iv seen the stuff you use on your face, I think it's green? But iv never tried that so unsure if it would work on my knees?

Any suggestions?

Purplerainbow Mon 05-Jun-17 19:54:49

Hopeful bump

N0tfinished Mon 05-Jun-17 20:33:10

This stuff is pretty amazing Vichy body makeup

I'm in Ireland, so in case the link doesn't work, the proper name is Vichy Dermablend Corrective Body Foundation

It really covers body imperfections and doesn't budge until you get into a hot shower & scrub with soap & loofah

I've worn it to weddings etc, I've always been impressed at the wear time & coverage.

Purplerainbow Mon 05-Jun-17 20:41:14

Thanks I came across that on you tube earlier. Does it work on small areas without highlighting it? As in, can I just do my knees and not whole legs?

N0tfinished Mon 05-Jun-17 21:28:49

If you were lucky enough to be a good colour match then it could be used in smaller areas, but I'd say best outcome would be to use on the whole visible area.

Purplerainbow Tue 06-Jun-17 06:14:53

Ok thanks. I would buy the light as I'm pale. It £30!! Would anywhere sell samples?

changingShorts Tue 06-Jun-17 09:55:57

I bruise fairly easily and use this (Covermark Leg Magic) to cover small areas. Don't know if it would work on redness, but might do. Can also put the Sally Hansen over the top to blend it in.

Nettletheelf Tue 06-Jun-17 10:36:26

You may not want to be faffed putting make up on your knees in warm weather. I think I'd be saying, stuff it, who's going to be looking at my knees anyway?

LoupGarou Tue 06-Jun-17 10:54:20

A friend of mine swears by this for taking the redness out of her knees, I have used it but I have a lot of Tonymoly products and they have all been fantastic smile

www.amazon.co.uk/Tony-Moly-Panda-s-Whitening-Facial/dp/B00HQEWOD4/ref=sr_1_26_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1496742682&sr=1-26&keywords=tony+moly&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Purplerainbow Tue 06-Jun-17 13:24:41

changing thanks iv managed to order a sample of that. I will also have a look at Vichy.

loup I take it that cream isn't an instant thing?

nettle I hear you and wish I felt that way but my knees make me so self conscious. Not in the day time, I will leave them be but going out on the evening I want to wear a skirt and want to try to feel ok!

LoupGarou Tue 06-Jun-17 13:32:26

Purple is has a subtle instant effect, but improves with use over 2-3 days, sort of like the reverse of a gradual tanner iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now