Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you had £500 to spend on whatever you wanted...

(17 Posts)
DirtyDancing Mon 05-Jun-17 15:14:47

For the first time in my life, I've been given a significant amount of money (well it is to me!) to spend on myself, for a milestone birthday.

I want to spend it on something special and 'iconic' pair of Chanel shoes; a leather jacket; designer sunglasses etc.

I just can't decide what to spend it on. I want it to be something I will treasure but get use from.

So can you inspire me...

"If I had £500 to spend on myself I would buy...."

Liiinoo Mon 05-Jun-17 17:39:06

Jewellery. Probably a bracelet. Nothing 'designer', but something timeless I could keep for always.

When my grandad died my mum gave me £350 of her tiny inheritance. I bought a very fine white gold chain set at intervals with tiny diamonds. That was 25 years ago. I still wear it and one of my DDs will have one day.

Flanderspigeonmurderer Mon 05-Jun-17 17:40:25

A nice watch, diamond earrings, handbag.

Shloooooob Mon 05-Jun-17 17:40:42

Not shoes because I can not keep them nice.
I'd get either a really, really nice coat or a bag.

fortunacookie Mon 05-Jun-17 17:42:53

I'd buy a pandora bracelet just cos I always liked them but would never buy myself one n don't have a partner to treat me either

Floisme Mon 05-Jun-17 17:44:07

Some Vivienne Westwood tailoring.

Niminy Mon 05-Jun-17 18:02:52

A made to measure trouser suit. Or a fabulous winter coat.

PrimalLass Mon 05-Jun-17 18:19:14

A Bayswater but it would have to be from an outlet or second hand for £500.

Or Botox for my armpits :-)

Jaimx86 Mon 05-Jun-17 18:23:55

I'd put it towards a Chloe Marcie or Chloe Lexa.....drool.

A perfect silver bangle and necklace, that I could wear every day.

Or a new VW dress.

EnidButton Mon 05-Jun-17 18:26:43

Personally I'd get a leather jacket. All the ones I really like are £400 ish so I keep putting it off. I'd start by trying on that Whistles one and take it from there.

silkpyjamasallday Mon 05-Jun-17 19:44:45

I would get a few things out of it rather than spend it all on one thing. A piece of jewellery that will last your whole life, not necessarily diamond, but something everyday but a little bit special. Then something you want or need now, a nice leather jacket or coat doesn't have to cost the earth, I have a few leather jackets and the ones bought for around £100 are just as good as the all saints one which was over £400.

AngeloftheNorth76 Mon 05-Jun-17 20:10:40

A watch or a piece of silver jewellery

stoplickingthetelly Mon 05-Jun-17 20:24:07

We recently moved house and we really need a new bathroom so it would probably be put towards that, or decorating ds room. But I'd I was to spend it just on me I would by jewellery. My weight changes so clothes would be no good and bags, shies etc go out of fashion, so it would definitely be jewellery. Something timeless, probably either earrings, necklace or watch.

Agree that you don't need to spend loads to get a good leather jacket. My Oasis ones are excellent quality.

DirtyDancing Mon 05-Jun-17 20:43:01

Thanks everyone... this has steered me towards perhaps a leather jacket and some nice jewellery. Now I need to start to research necklaces...! grin

barefoofdoctor Tue 06-Jun-17 06:40:31

Diamond clavicle necklace (£300 down form £600 Goldsmiths) and a sheepskin gilet (around £200 down from c£600 Brand Alley). Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now