Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Lightweight mousse for wavy long bob

(5 Posts)
MaryJObliged Mon 05-Jun-17 13:38:09

I'm growing my hair but it's mid-point. It's chin-length and makes me look about 20 years older than I am.

I think having it wavy will help. I have naturally curly hair so I can diffuse dry, put some product in and then run my fingers through to drop the curls into lovely waves.

I'm struggling with the product bit though. My hairdresser said I need some lightweight mousse which will hold the wave but won't make it crispy. She recommended a salon one which was £25 shock which I just can't afford.

So, can anyone recommend a good mousse for this purpose. I don't mind paying a bit for it if it's good stuff but I'd struggle to justify paying more than about £8 TBH.

Any help would be wonderful, please.

smile

MaryJObliged Mon 05-Jun-17 14:04:08

Bumpe

CrispyBathTowel Mon 05-Jun-17 14:10:57

The Elnett one is non-crispy. I have the volumising one as I already have curls too but my hair is fine however they do have one for curly/wavy hair.

Boots often have it on offer - think it's approx £5.99 or thereabouts.

MaryJObliged Mon 05-Jun-17 14:17:09

crispy Thanks for that. I'll give it a try.

Other suggestions very welcome!!

CrispyBathTowel Mon 05-Jun-17 14:32:41

VO5 one makes my hair crispy so don't bother with that one!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: