Talk

Advanced search

Concealer help

(11 Posts)
smashyourglasses Mon 05-Jun-17 09:49:32

I've an embarrassing problem I need help with.
I've had chin hair since I was a teenager, and the years of shaving, laser and tweezing have left that area slightly discoloured. I use Double Wear foundation with Dior Skin Hydrating concealer, but the concealer has been discontinued. I liked it because it was thick enough to cover everything, but now I've no idea what to replace it with. I've heard green colour concealers are better for this, but no idea who makes a suitable one.
Anyway, if you have a similar problem, can you let me know what you're using? I'm at the end of my Dior and have no clue what to replace it with confused. I'm very fair shade wise, 001 in Dior, 1c1 Cool Bone in Estee Lauder.

BusterGonad Mon 05-Jun-17 10:02:21

I don't know what the Dior one is like but for blemishes and the odd spot I use No7 Match Made, it's a stick concealer but not hard and thick like others. I don't use it under my eyes as it creases and is too heavy.

smashyourglasses Mon 05-Jun-17 10:28:55

Thanks Buster. Just read some reviews for that one, it sounds like it might be suitable, will go and try out the shades this week smile

gonegrey56 Mon 05-Jun-17 10:50:23

I too am very fair, and think we are probably alike in skin tone.
I have noticeable Brown age spots and use Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in shade Vanilla/Light 2. This is a wand type applicator, and the product blends really well. Nars have also just brought out a new Concealer called Soft Matte Complete Concealer, same shade range so I have the same shade. It is much denser, and you literally pat a little on. I think it is fantastic for my particular needs . Do try them both but I should think the new one (which comes in a little round pot) might well be what you are looking for .

CaptainWarbeck Mon 05-Jun-17 10:54:06

I'm cool bone in Estee Lauder too.

I use Lancome Effacernes concealer and have done for ages. It's good coverage and the pale shade is properly pale. It's quite easy to pat on and build up.

smashyourglasses Mon 05-Jun-17 19:25:34

Thank you guys, think i can't go wrong with these suggestions, i'm curious to try all of them and will be going to shade match this week starsmile

Ktown Mon 05-Jun-17 19:48:00

Mac nc 15 pro longwear concealer never budges
Clains instant light is a good texture and I mix the two

Mrsaverage1 Mon 05-Jun-17 21:12:57

Have you tried the double wear concealer? It's pretty good I find. Bobbi Brown colour correctors are supposed to be good too. The girls on the counter are usually really helpful and will give testers for you to try.

blue2014 Mon 05-Jun-17 22:03:48

You know, primary concealer isn't bad!

BusterGonad Tue 06-Jun-17 13:18:12

Oh and for staying power I add a touch of powder on top, tbh I get a few issues on my chin too, it is embarrassing!

blue2014 Tue 06-Jun-17 16:32:43

Sorry I meant primark - autocorrect

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now