Talk

Advanced search

Which trainers?

(14 Posts)
Moppet5 Sun 04-Jun-17 22:26:28

I am looking for a pair of white trainers to wear with cropped skinny jeans. Can't decide between adidas gazelles or Stan smiths, what do you think?

Cocolepew Sun 04-Jun-17 22:28:04

I have Stan Smiths, they come up a bit small, but are very comfy.

Moppet5 Sun 04-Jun-17 22:31:00

Comfy is what I need! I walk a lot and have been wearing converse and my poor feet are suffering.

Cocolepew Sun 04-Jun-17 22:34:22

I used to live in Converse but they are too flat and are giving me backache now.
The Stan Smiths were actually DDs but rubbed her heels everytime she wore them. I tried them and they fit me perfect, a 5 is usually a bit big on me. DDs feet must be slightly bigger than mine and thats why they rubbed.
Ive had no problem with them.

cigarettesandcush Sun 04-Jun-17 22:34:59

I have both and Stan smiths are definitely more comfy. Gazelles are more tapered at the toe and mine sometimes hurt after a while of walking

carrie74 Sun 04-Jun-17 22:51:34

Yup, Stan Smiths. I've got 2 pairs now (and a pair of Superstars).

ELR Sun 04-Jun-17 22:56:39

Just bought some gazelles really comfy as they have arch support! Stansmiths comfy too but are quite flat due to not having as much arch support

MercuryMadness Sun 04-Jun-17 23:01:15

I love the look of Stan Smiths but they come up small and they have me huge blisters on my heels. Kind of defeated the object of having comfy shoes to walk to work it, as I limped alone with raging bleeeding blisters!

Moppet5 Sun 04-Jun-17 23:48:29

Not unanimous then! So no nearer to deciding, doesn't help that I can't find any local shops that have them in my size so I can try them on. Both have to be ordered from different online shops so double the postage and returns.

BusterGonad Mon 05-Jun-17 10:08:41

Looks wise I'd take the Stan Smiths every time.

AteRiri Mon 05-Jun-17 10:14:58

Stan.

CrispyBathTowel Mon 05-Jun-17 13:25:31

Stan.

I'm a 5 and take my normal size in them and they are very comfy. I only like gazelles in coloured suede rather than white leather.

ParadiseCity Mon 05-Jun-17 13:27:14

I bought some Nikes that are comfy. Every one always seems to suggest Nike on these threads.

Mine are flowery but they had plain white too.

tessiebear4 Mon 05-Jun-17 13:33:54

Aren't Reeboks more fashionable now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now