Talk

Advanced search

What colour saltwater sandals ?

(90 Posts)
livefrommysofa Sun 04-Jun-17 10:39:47

Hi I'm looking at ordering some salt water sandals today. I can't decide on which colour to commit too. I want them all. If I was brave I'd go with yellow but I've got a feeling I'll end up going with navy or black.

Anyone out there have a favourite colour ?

Thanks

Crochita Sun 04-Jun-17 10:46:08

This year I've gone for black sandals. Last year I went for tan ones. I usually pick a colour scheme that works with my wardrobe that I'm wearing that season.

Think what colours you will be wearing. Yellow sounds lovely but will it clash with your outfits? Sometimes a clash isn't a bad thing though!

Crochita Sun 04-Jun-17 10:47:04

Why don't you Google pictures of people actually wearing them and you can see the clothes paired with them to get an idea?

WizardOfToss Sun 04-Jun-17 10:48:49

I've got bright orange ones, they get comments! I'd like the rose gold ones.

They're a bit marmite on here though, so prepare yourself! 😄

ShesARumUn Sun 04-Jun-17 11:09:43

My favourites are red, silver and rose gold - I think the metallics go with anything but my red ones always get the most compliments!

bigchris Sun 04-Jun-17 11:10:08

Can we have a link please?

Greenvalleymama Sun 04-Jun-17 11:16:35

I would probably go for tan or black, but I'm a safe dresser.

I would be much more likely to admire a pair of brightly coloured ones on someone else though!

TheHiphopopotamus Sun 04-Jun-17 11:16:44

I'm fancying getting a pair of these but my feet are a bit weird. Can anyone who has a pair tell me how comfortable they are?

livefrommysofa Sun 04-Jun-17 11:16:50

http://www.salt-watersandals.com/women.html

WizardOfToss Sun 04-Jun-17 11:20:24

I find them really comfortable, and walk miles in them. Last ages too. They've got 'give' too, for the weirdly footed!

bigchris Sun 04-Jun-17 11:22:24

Thanks !

bigchris Sun 04-Jun-17 11:23:24

I like the rose gold ones but too many ££

livefrommysofa Sun 04-Jun-17 11:24:07

I wear pretty neutral colours so my problem is all colours would go! They will most often be worn with black or blue skinny jeans or white chinos. When I do wear colour it's often plain primary colours and I avoid prints. The white, red, yellow look great with a tan. I think I'll go navy this time and maybe add a new colour once a month ( I'll justify this to myself by sellling some now longer worn clothes and shoes on eBay) I've had the tan ones previously but left them in Greece 😩. I can vouch for them being very comfortable and durable.
The google images do them more justice then the website.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=salt+water+sandals&client=safari&channel=iphonebm&prmd=simvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiaub6B9KPUAhXJJMAKHbvwDl4QQAUICigC&biw=320&bih=460#imgrc=

Greenvalleymama Sun 04-Jun-17 11:32:09

I think that the metallic ones might feel 'dated' quicker than other colours.

I really like the look of the red ones, and the yellow would look great with a tan (not so great with my blue-white trotters!)

TheHiphopopotamus Sun 04-Jun-17 11:34:59

Thanks wizard just what I wanted to hear smile

Littlelondoner Sun 04-Jun-17 11:51:27

I have red, rose gold, and tan. I thought I would wear the neautrals more but the red got the most outtings if I am honnest. (Yes I am a shoe addict!)

Wingles10 Sun 04-Jun-17 11:55:04

Don't get it. They look like any sandal you could buy for a fraction of the price in an Asda/Tesco/Sainsbury's type shop.

They also look like they offer no real support. You could get a similar style from clarks with proper cushioning and calf support.

Gingefringe Sun 04-Jun-17 12:07:58

I have the navy/silver combo and they go with loads of stuff. I find them very comfy even though they're completely flat. I also have a pair of the tan 'shark' ones with the covered toes but prefer the classic style.

Clickncollect Sun 04-Jun-17 12:10:15

I have the navy/silver combo and just recently bought the red. Absolutely love both of them and find them really comfortable!

bingohandjob Sun 04-Jun-17 12:10:59

I've got silver - I love them. They go with everything and look especially good with jeans. I'd go for gold rose next then probably the red ones as I think they're pretty. They are really comfy and I speak as someone REALLY heavy on their feet who does a lot of walking.

Churchillian Sun 04-Jun-17 12:16:49

I've had the red ones for 3 years - still comfortable and look like new. I've found mine to be much more durable than Clark's and much much more than supermarket sandals.

cakeisnotaproperbreakfast Sun 04-Jun-17 13:27:20

The yellow gets lots of compliments. They are so un-matchy that they go with most things iyswim. Also have red and rose gold. It's addictive!

livefrommysofa Sun 04-Jun-17 13:41:36

I have ordered the navy and the red. I will get the yellow and white ones next month and then maybe look for the blacks in the sales, if they have them.

I probably end up with the full set by next summer. Shoes, especially sandals are my weakness.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions

Dazzalm Sun 04-Jun-17 13:45:03

I have the rose gold. I love them as they are super comfy and go with everything.

livefrommysofa Sun 04-Jun-17 16:25:22

For anyone who's unsure of fit are worried about having wide fit there's a sizing guide you can print off and you place your foot on it and it tells you what size to order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now