Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE help me find a graduation dress!

(5 Posts)
PrincessStrop Sat 03-Jun-17 00:29:03

I'm desperately trying to find a dress to wear to my graduation, but I can't seem to find anything appropriate. I'm a 12/14 pear shaped (borderline apple shape) with big hips and big boobs. I don't like my arms/tummy, but like to show my waist a bit.

I'm only 5ft 2 so midi length is a bit too long for me and makes me look frumpy, so looking for something just around/above the knee.

It can't be strappy as the hood needs to be pinned on the back of the dress. I'm look for something light/neutral/floral and quite fitted as the graduation gown itself is black and quite large.

I'd pretty much decided on this one but it's been sold out in my size for a while now, and I was a bit unsure of the sleeves anyway because of the ruffle. Also quite like this but unsure of the one shoulder aspect and ruffles.

Please help!

PrincessStrop Sat 03-Jun-17 00:30:41

Sorry should also have said - budget is around £100

Batwomanrisesagain Sat 03-Jun-17 00:41:28

I love the Debenhams one!

PrincessStrop Sun 04-Jun-17 11:22:00

Thank you, Batwoman!

Anyone else have any suggestions?

RedMetamorphosis Sun 04-Jun-17 12:53:09

I have big boobs, hips, really don't like my stomach but like to show off my waist - I recently bought this and it's actually really flattering.

I know it is sleeveless, but you can wear a jacket/blazer and then your gown will be covering your arms. They have a pink colour as well to break up the block of darkness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now