Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just had lash extensions - hints and tips please?

(11 Posts)
Chicinwellies Fri 02-Jun-17 08:07:28

Had the standard aftercare info from the beautician but wondered if there are any other tips you can pass on? Esp if I pop mascara on,
Or dare to curl them? Ridiculously one of my eyes lashes is curlier than the other, and usually without false lashes I curl them each day.

CherylVole Fri 02-Jun-17 08:10:38

Just leave them. Don't need mascara. Don't fiddle !

CryptoFascist Fri 02-Jun-17 08:11:57

Don't touch them, don't rub your eyes. Brush with an old clean mascara wand. When they start to turn around then you need them replaced.

sweating Fri 02-Jun-17 10:15:18

Hands off. Don't put anything on them. Do NOT curl.

And for the love of god, when they start to loosen and begin to fall off, don't pick them. I ended up with a bald patch in the middle of my eyelashes envy

namechange20050 Fri 02-Jun-17 10:18:12

Another one saying don't touch! I used an old clean mascara wand to gently brush mine through in the morning & that was it. Deffo don't curl them!

Softkitty2 Fri 02-Jun-17 11:00:49

If you use mascara and have to wash it off will mean handling the falsies which will make them come off sooner..

Also after about 2 weeks when they start to shed it will really look uneven and patchy

CherylVole Fri 02-Jun-17 16:26:11

buy a cheap brow and lash brush - think I got one in superdrug

SequinsOnEverything Fri 02-Jun-17 18:19:36

Why would you need to wear mascara or curl them? To me that's the whole point of them.
I don't rub mine, have only work eye makeup twice since I've had them and brush them thriugh with a cheap lash/brow brush each morning. Had them done 4 weeks ago and they have just started looking like they need redoing.

taptonaria27 Fri 02-Jun-17 18:24:07

Has anyone had them for a holiday? Don they survive swimming pools? I'm loving the no mascara concept though can you mascara them for a night out or wold you look like a drag queen? (It's this fear and the high maintenance aspect that stops me getting them!)

Fluffypinkpyjamas Fri 02-Jun-17 18:24:11

Keep them and your eyelids clean, that is very important. Do not be afraid to wash them. Brush them through with the spoolie after and use you hairdryer on cool setting on low to dry them upwards.

Chicinwellies Fri 02-Jun-17 22:18:34

What great advice thank you all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now