Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need alternative to foundation for holiday/ summer

(21 Posts)
angelcakesrule Thu 01-Jun-17 21:07:36

Going on holiday next week, don't want to be using usual foundation (be to pale once tanned) but do need a bit of coverage

Thinking of a bit or cc cream, anyone recommend anything good (cheap)

Is it possible to get something that adapts to skin tone or should I just by shade darker?

allthatnonsense Thu 01-Jun-17 21:56:04

Powder foundation lightly applied with a brush.

CrispyBathTowel Thu 01-Jun-17 22:06:57

No advice but watching with interest. Have got my eye on this Dior one but would love to hear recommendations for something cheaper as I can't afford It whilst on maternity leave.

m.feelunique.com/p/DIORSKIN-NUDE-BB-CREAM?url=DIORSKIN-NUDE-BB-CREAM&slang=EN

fabulousfrancesca Thu 01-Jun-17 23:24:35

I use this in the summer. Makes me look like I'm wearing nothing but without the pallor of a recently dug up body. Marscara, bit of lip stain, done.

m.origins.co.uk/product/15352/13004/skincare/moisturise/moisturiser/vitazing/spf-15-energy-boosting-moisturizer-with-mangosteen

cad186 Fri 02-Jun-17 16:49:00

I love the Dior one!

Arealhumanbeing Fri 02-Jun-17 17:01:02

The Origins one is my favorite too but it isn't cheap. The Dior won't be either.

Go to your nearest Debenhams/House of Fraser/Boots/John Lewis and chat to the people on the make up counters. Explain that you're looking for a BB/CC cream and you should come away with enough free samples to see you through your holiday.

Honestly I do it all the time. Clinique are usually very generous with samples as are Clarins.

ahipponamedbooboobutt Fri 02-Jun-17 17:03:08

I use Laura mercier tinted moisturiser during the summer months.

DarthMaiden Fri 02-Jun-17 17:59:04

I use the Bobbi Brown Extra tinted balm in summer.

Good spf, moisturising, lightweight but with light to medium coverage.

Comes in a pot that lasts for ages.

Auldspinster Fri 02-Jun-17 18:30:12

Bourjois CC cream is great.

Arealhumanbeing Fri 02-Jun-17 18:32:53

(Gentle nudge) The OP is looking for something cheap.

ahipponamedbooboobutt Fri 02-Jun-17 18:41:19

Oops I missed the cheap bit

seoulsurvivor Fri 02-Jun-17 18:43:18

I actually prefer the garnier bb cream to many of the korean bb creams. It goes on very lightly and gives just a little coverage.

DarthMaiden Fri 02-Jun-17 18:44:07

Oops on the cheap bit - I'm out...blush

CharlieBoo Fri 02-Jun-17 20:44:34

I bought the body shop bb cream.. I have to say it's fab! Great with my tan and a lovely finish

OCSockOrphanage Fri 02-Jun-17 21:57:06

Can't help with cheap, but the dog's b*ll*cks of sheer bases is Sensai's Instant Glow. It works on everyone, can be applied in the dark without streaks and just makes faces look better. There are only two colours: light and darker. Light is great on anyone who is Caucasian mid range, perhaps not Celtic pale. It is so sheer that it is like smearing vaseline on a camera lens. Sadly only sold in Harrods. Postage is extortionate, but I continue to buy it.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Fri 02-Jun-17 22:11:07

Bourjois 123.

n0ne Fri 02-Jun-17 22:14:48

H&M BB cream

fabulousfrancesca Sat 03-Jun-17 10:30:27

I missed the cheap bit blush

SprinkleOfInsanity Sat 03-Jun-17 10:37:08

The Olay 'Fresh effects' be cream is what I use all summer, it's lovely!

angelcakesrule Sat 03-Jun-17 16:55:01

Great I will look at the Bourjouis & garner tomorrow, will pick something a bit to dark and hope for the best.

Will also def take a look st the more expensive brands but for now just looking for something cheap and decent

Refilona Sat 03-Jun-17 16:57:53

The Revlon cc cream is great and cheap. Think I got some at b&m bargains once grinyou

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now