Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for contour/highlighter palette

(9 Posts)
CatsGoPurrrr Thu 01-Jun-17 19:08:28

Hi

Please can I have your recommendations for a highlighter/contour palette?

I'm pale, with yellowy undertones.

I look and look, but there are so many to choose from.

Thanks

disastrousflapjack Thu 01-Jun-17 20:25:45

What's your budget? If you can run to £49 I've just bought Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Glow - Instant Look In A palette and absolutely love it.

www.charlottetilbury.com/uk/instant-look-in-a-palette-beauty-glow.html

CatsGoPurrrr Thu 01-Jun-17 20:37:05

Thanks; that's probably more than I'd like to spend. Am thinking around £30.

Softkitty2 Fri 02-Jun-17 11:17:26

Try the becca palette but its ££

Or some bigger boots now have an area where you create your own palette, from eye shadows, blushers, highlight and contour, it's inexpensive and looks ok.. You can start with this and see if you like it and you can swatch the times..

ahipponamedbooboobutt Fri 02-Jun-17 13:03:02

I've just bought the hourglass ambient lighting palette and it's incredible but unfortunately out of your price range. My other favourite highlighter is nars albatross which is £23 but lasts forever! I've used mine most days for 2.5 years and it is still going strong.

JiminnyCricket Fri 02-Jun-17 13:22:37

Kat Von D shades and light - For contour you want something very cool tone with no shimmer in it at all. Any hint of orange in your dark shade will look like bronzer smile

I've tested tons of them, best I've found is kat von d. It's £37 but you get 3 shades for contour and 3 for highlight. The highlights are matt so dont give you a glow, but they are great for eyeshadow bases. The contour shades are insanely good. Super super cool tone, totally matt and they blend out beautifully even with cheap brushes. Really buildable too so start off small and build up. The darker contour tones if you don't use them make fab eye shadow crease colours.

The Kat Von D concealers are great for cream contour if you dont want powders. The Deep cool one (DC39) is fab for contour and she does a pure white concealer called white out that blends with anything for highlight/ concealer. Personally I prefer LN1 (light neutral 1) for my light contour/ concealer colour because the pure white washes me out, but if you're fair it will work.

I havent found a highstreet contour kit type thing that isn't either too warm on the contour or not blendable enough so I invested in Kat Von D and haven't regretted it.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Fri 02-Jun-17 14:09:37

You don't need a palette.
The tricky bit is the contour, M AC have a walnut colour one.

Highlighter is easy, all high street brands do then, liquid, powder, whatever.

JiminnyCricket Fri 02-Jun-17 14:34:07

Agreed ^^. CHeapest way to do it is buy the shade you like individually. Powder is powder, even if you find an eyeshadow that's cool tone, totally matt and not too dark that will work smile

NotAMammy Sat 03-Jun-17 19:33:42

I like the sleek contour palette, but just for the contour, I don't particularly rate the blush or highlighter though. You might be able to get the contour shade on it's own.
I actually use a bourgois eyeshadow that I didn't remember buying as a highlighter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now