Talk

Advanced search

Hairdressing aaaaaargh!

(4 Posts)
lanouvelleheloise Thu 01-Jun-17 11:50:14

I have tried a succession of different salons in my city, and I'm peed off with the results from all of them.

Here's the thing I resent. My DH goes to the barber, pays £15. They do an AMAZING job on his hair. The cut is finely graduated, and there's not a hair out of place. What is more, they give him a massage and flame his ears too! Whole thing takes around 30 minutes.

I go to the hairdresser, pay £25-30 and get a shitty cut that isn't even good, that takes far less time than my DH's - honestly about 5-10 minutes. They literally just chop it across half the time. Most of the rest of time is spent finishing, i.e. blowdrying, which is just a quick fix that only looks good for 2 minutes. Overall, though, my experience lasts around the same time as DH's and is infinitely worse.

When I lived in London, I had an amazing hairdresser who used to spend ages on the actual cut, and I felt like my hair was so much better for it. I can't explain what she did, but it was like she cut it one way, then another way, then another way and it became fuller bodied and neat even after a wash. This must be some kind of method - how do I go about finding another cutter who can deliver??!

Mylittlestsunshine Thu 01-Jun-17 11:52:28

My friend still travels to her old hairdresser almost 2 hours away for the same reasons, she tried closer ones and hated the results.

lanouvelleheloise Thu 01-Jun-17 11:55:12

Sadly this was ages ago - she's moved on since, and I don't know where she went! Have tried asking, but to no avail.

MadameSzyszkoBohush Thu 01-Jun-17 12:00:03

What area are you in? You could try starting a thread asking for recommendations in your area?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now