Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have/know what this is?

(22 Posts)
missmove38 Thu 01-Jun-17 08:31:46

The darker mark on my ankle? It's like dry skin but no matter what I do it never eases. Have it on both ankles.
Drives me mad, especially now as the weathers getting a bit better. Most of my friends will say they can't see it but I think they're being polite!
I've googled but to no avail..tried every cream going..help?!

CrispyBathTowel Thu 01-Jun-17 10:25:01

How long has it been there for? Were you wearing ankle straps or shoes that rubbed against that point on your foot? When I get a cut or blister on the front or side of my foot it always takes ages to heal and goes a bit like that for quite a while.

No advice really but Bio Oil might help fade it if you have any.

missjoanie Thu 01-Jun-17 12:37:57

I have them too! Been there for over 20 years and nothing budges them. I've exfoliated, moisturised, used lemon juice, the works!

retainertrainer Thu 01-Jun-17 12:38:57

Yes! I've got those,they only show up when I fake tan though. It feels like the same kind of skin on elbows and knees.

JaneJeffer Thu 01-Jun-17 12:45:17

I had those on both feet, looked like stigmata, and then after a few years they just disappeared!

onesilencetoofar Thu 01-Jun-17 12:51:05

I have them too. Annoyingly fake tan really makes them orange and stand out.

PiesDescalzos Thu 01-Jun-17 12:59:25

My first thought was a Melasma patch (which is associated with estrogen) though this is usually on the face, plus you mention it being so dry and itchy. Hmm.

I have a lot of estrogen related freckles and marks that show up when I put fake tan on! Then they disappear when it fades. Annoying. I am the freckle queen.

Not much help sorry grin

CJCreggsGoldfish Thu 01-Jun-17 13:03:26

Yep, I have them too. No idea why, or when they appeared. They are looking ok at the moment, but there has been times when the look darker and dryer.

MargotLovedTom1 Thu 01-Jun-17 13:11:53

Yes, I had that although they have faded now. The texture of the skin there is like elbow skin, as someone said. What helped mine was soaking in the bath for a while and then really scraping at those patches with my nails (I don't have long nails but it still worked). This removed quite a bit of dead skin and they seemed much less noticeable after that.

originaldoozy Thu 01-Jun-17 13:16:30

I have these. Very noticeable and they have just gone even drier. As someone else said.. like elbow skin. Lots of soaking in bath and a good scrape keeps the worse at bay.

I am about to use footner on my feet and hope that putting some of that on the top of my feet/this area may work wonders. We will see.

missmove38 Thu 01-Jun-17 14:05:00

Gosh thanks for the replies. Nice to know I'm not alone..yet no curessad
I've had them years..they aren't itchy but yes v dry. I actually (cringe) took a razor to them years ago thinking I could take a chunk of the dead skin off..no it just cut and bled!
I am quite pale normally and yes they stand out with any sun..today (dont laugh) but I've rubbed a bit of concealer on..it's helped and they aren't so bad.

Deathraystare Thu 01-Jun-17 16:22:24

Wooo! I am not alone! I have one too!

sebashocked Thu 01-Jun-17 16:31:54

I've got them too. Developed just after pregnancy and haven't disappeared. Guessing it's hormonal.

pigyoinkoinks Thu 01-Jun-17 17:27:30

I have these too!!! Never been able to budge them... my niece says I have snake skin feet hmm haha

I don't mind them at all! smile

CheersMedea Thu 01-Jun-17 18:15:42

Like PP said, it looks like a spot where something rubs.

Do you have a particular pair of boots you wear all the time that crease there? or jeans that finish there?

Or do you habitually sit with your ankles crossed on that spot?

Put a layer of lipstick on it one day when you get dressed and see where it transfers to. Sometimes this kind of thing can be surprising and you don't notice what it is that is rubbing/causing irritation.

MargotLovedTom1 Thu 01-Jun-17 18:48:59

You say no cures OP, but try what I said and you may be surprised.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 01-Jun-17 18:56:07

I get those dark dry patches on my knees and feet. It sounds harsh, but I rub the worst of the dry skin off with some of my husband's sandpaper shock then a body scrub in the bath and moisturise.

LighthouseLass Thu 01-Jun-17 19:16:01

I also have them - like a previous poster, mine appeared during pregnancy and never went away.

angelcakerocks Thu 01-Jun-17 20:44:19

I've got them too! smile I feel quite glad it's a 'thing.' Have had them ages, exact same place as yours. Feels like I need to put a shed load of moisturiser on it but nothing works, just the same dry scaly patch whatever I do.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Thu 01-Jun-17 20:50:14

yy nothing rubbing causes them just dry dry skin

yy to pp who said about soaking or slathering on lotion then scratching off with nails - it works!

treat it as you would cradle cap

poppym12 Thu 01-Jun-17 22:09:25

I used to have them. Mine were caused by kneeling on the floor a lot. They've gone now but I used to soak in the bath and scrape them away with my fingernail.

missmove38 Fri 02-Jun-17 08:00:57

Thanks I'll try the bath option!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now