Talk

Advanced search

Laser hair removal - how important is the "no sun" rule? Can I just wear factor 50?

(6 Posts)
Summersunny Wed 31-May-17 22:20:37

I really want to get laser hair removal on my legs. I get ingrown hairs all the time and I actually dread summer and the hair removal malarkey.

Now thinking laser - but I know you can't go in the sun for six weeks after treatment.

What if I wore factor 50 on my legs after treatment?

Also - what is rhe risk of getting sun on legs after laser treatment?

Summersunny Wed 31-May-17 22:46:07

Bump

Wallywobbles Thu 01-Jun-17 06:20:59

I've just been wearing factor 50. Didn't occur to me that might not be enough.

chanie44 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:45:36

I don't know why you aren't supposed to go in the sun, but I think you aren't supposed to get a tan. I told my therapist I was going on holiday and she said to get it done a few weeks before going on holiday in case there is any sensitivity towards the treatments - they increase the intensity of the laser at each session. We then booked the next session about 5 weeks after I got back so my tan had faded.

If in doubt, I'd suggest starting your treatments after the summer.

CoteDAzur Thu 01-Jun-17 07:06:56

You can get sun on legs several days after the treatment. That is not a problem.

But you should not have treatment on legs that have seen the sun before the treatment. Unless you want to end up with dark spots, that is.

Summerysunny Thu 01-Jun-17 07:46:52

Oh I didn't realise about sun before! I don't think mine have caught the sun this year yet...

The reason I want to get started now is that I dread waxing / epilating and my hairs are too fast and strong for shaving! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now