Talk

Advanced search

Toms -sizing

(22 Posts)
mayrat Wed 31-May-17 17:39:01

I tried on a pair of Toms today in store in my usual size and couldn't even get them on my feet BUT I was wearing socks (I didn't want to be that person who puts stinky feet in shop shoes!)

The shop guy said they stretch a lot but I find Converse too narrow: are Toms ok once "stretched"?

wishingitwasfriday Wed 31-May-17 17:45:20

You won't be wearing socks with them. I've had a few pairs as I love them. They always start off small but stretch and are then the most comfortable things ever! I wear my normal size and they are fine.
What colour are you thinking of?

wishingitwasfriday Wed 31-May-17 17:45:52

Also, I can't wear converse as they are too narrow for me.

mayrat Wed 31-May-17 18:11:04

Ooh, great news, thanks. Was thinking a sandy colour so they go with most things, but open to suggestions.

Do they take long to wear in? I have no patience for anything that causes blisters...

Ginpuddles Wed 31-May-17 19:00:35

I have wide (EE) feet and find Toms for me fine. Lots of brands are too narrow for me.

I'm also hugely prone to blisters and found the canvas Toms absolutely fine to wear immediately. A pair with suede uppers have rubbed but are fine now worn in.

wishingitwasfriday Wed 31-May-17 19:58:59

Within a couple of wears they are fine. I've had no blisters at all.
I love the dark grey as they don't show the dirt yet still go with everything.

PurpleDaisies Wed 31-May-17 20:00:32

I had to go up a size but I love my toms. I've got fabric ones that were comfy straight away.

Viviene Wed 31-May-17 20:17:07

Mine just arrived yesterday and I have no idea why I had not got them before!
The most comfortable shoes ever!!

Cellardoor23 Wed 31-May-17 21:24:32

I was trying on a pair of Toms today too. I also found them quite tight. Tried a size up and they were still quite snug, so didn't buy them. They look nice though.

I was eyeing up these ones, thought they looked quite summery.

travailtotravel Wed 31-May-17 21:44:30

I have wide feet and find my size in Mens is more comfortable,or even a size up. I live in them.

Laska5772 Wed 31-May-17 21:54:19

Ive recently bought these Toms Avalon crochet which after trying a few pairs on I think are better than the original style ones if only because they seem to offer more support and are better shaped for my feet. They look like they would last longer too as they have a better sole. . I found that my normal size did feel slightly small over the bridge of my foot and replaced the insole initially but after a couple of wears , could put the original insole back in .. I love them!

BumWad Wed 31-May-17 21:55:11

Just be wary the sizing on the shoe is us sizing so W7 is actually a U.K. Size 5

Laska5772 Wed 31-May-17 21:56:50

They also have lovely Rose Gold Toms but I couldnt justify two pairs!!

chanie44 Wed 31-May-17 22:20:44

I love my toms. When I first bought them they were so tight, but loosened up quickly and are so comfortable now.

BumWad Wed 31-May-17 22:34:23

I bought these in black at the weekend:

www.surfdome.com/toms_shoes_-_toms_open_toe_platform_alpargata__-_desert_taupe_suede-269551

RatOnnaStick Wed 31-May-17 22:43:40

I have two pairs. One fits fine and has done since day one, the other rub a bit on the heel but are ok with liner socks. I'm a half size and the next full size is right for me.

CakeNinja Wed 31-May-17 23:11:27

Bought a pair for the first time at the airport the day I went to Rome a few years back. Wore them for 4 days straight (with thin trainer liners, the tiny ones you couldn't see in Toms) without problems.
Have had a few pairs since. Wash well in the machine too.
Had a few pairs for ds and was really disappointed in the quality of them. They fell apart very quickly 2 years on the trot so I won't buy them for him again.
Bought a pair a few months ago in my usual size and they were so so narrow compared to normal, I've never had to wear Toms in but again, a little disappointed.
They are comfy though.

RainbowDashian Thu 01-Jun-17 07:32:39

I'm usually a size 3 but need a 4 in Toms. My feet are average width but couldn't get them in to a size 3!

mayrat Thu 01-Jun-17 07:57:32

Those of you who have gone up a size, do you find that the back of the shoe slips off your feet? I have quite narrow ankles, and I'm a bit worried about this.

PurpleDaisies Thu 01-Jun-17 09:03:16

I bought a size bigger and they still fit perfectly after a lot of wearing. They don't slip off at all.

Laska5772 Thu 01-Jun-17 11:35:17

I do think they are variable evn inthe same style .. I could wear my usual size in some but others really tight. Best to either go to an actual shop or order more than one size from a web supplier who offers free returns (Schuh do, and I think, Office)

RatOnnaStick Thu 01-Jun-17 19:08:49

Toms do free returns within 30 days. Order a couple of sizes and see how they do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now