Talk

Advanced search

Horrible neck hair/hair line

(11 Posts)
horribleneckhair Wed 31-May-17 09:32:40

Hello! I'm looking for some advice please...

I have really horrible neck hair/hair line just below my ears if that makes sense, the hair seems to grow downwards and is completely separate to the rest of my hair so just looks like little tufts of hair. I hadn't really given it much thought but I've just seen a photo of myself with my hair up (how I have it all the time) and it just looks hideous sad

I have had it cut in a bob before but they have shaved said tufty bits off, which I want to avoid as it will just look even worse when it starts to grow back.

Does anyone else have this type of hair line? Is there any way to cover it up without having long hair? My hair is currently shoulder length, very thick and with a bit of a wave/curl but I hate having it down as it gets really hot and uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance! Tufty

PaintingOwls Wed 31-May-17 09:34:32

Photos?

horribleneckhair Wed 31-May-17 09:38:19

Basically like this but about 1 inch long

(Don't want to upload photo of myself!)

PenelopeFlintstone Wed 31-May-17 09:41:12

I don't think I'd notice that on someone.

ThatItBe Wed 31-May-17 09:45:16

Well I have that and I do shave it. Every few days or daily if I remember. I've had hairdressers refuse to cut my hair short or reacting in horror when I was younger. Then I had a crop from a lovely hairdresser who just said shave it and Lo! it was no longer a problem.
I now have a shortish bob so still do it.

Not sure if it would work with otherwise long hair mind you.

Cakescakescakes Wed 31-May-17 09:45:46

Surely loads of people have hair like that? It's not something I'd even notice either?

Silverstreaks Wed 31-May-17 09:52:56

I have that too.
Start looking and you'll pretty much see it on everyone who has their hair tied up.
Shave it , which will be an on going chore or slick it up with gel or putty.

horribleneckhair Wed 31-May-17 10:40:33

Oh that's so reassuring that no one notices it! I am obviously just being a bit silly. I'm paranoid about it but I think it's because I never see that part of my hair so it's a bit of a shock when I do see it! Thank you everyone, that's a great help smile

Therealslimshady1 Wed 31-May-17 12:19:31

I have that too, but worse...

And like to wear my hair up

Putting it in a low bun/ponytail makes it less obvious than a high one

leccybill Wed 31-May-17 12:22:27

I have a very low neck hairline. Tufty bits everywhere. It is a bit annoying but can't say anyone has commented.

stream26 Wed 31-May-17 15:24:12

shaved newaylook today in trend wink If seriously I have it too. On the sides, they never grow very long, so when I put my hair up in a ponytail or updo, they're really obvious as they don't get pulled up with the rest of my hair.

I used to hate them so much when I was in my early teens, but the truth is that until I saw this topic, I'd forgotten about them. I'm not planning to do anything about them, if people want to call me hairy or something (which they don't) then I will let my hair down and show them just how hairy I actually am wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now