Talk

Advanced search

Eye make up

(10 Posts)
PontypandyPioneer Wed 31-May-17 09:18:55

Hi, I'd love your opinions!

I seem to have developed a reaction to my eye make up. After I take it off my eyelids seem to be very dry and they appear red and swollen the next morning. I don't wear much make up, I just apply a bit more for work (2 days a week).

I wear Estée Lauder mascara which is fine, but I've tried their eyeshadow and Max Factors both of which I seem to get this reaction to.

Any recommendations please? Thanks!

DandelionAndBedrock Wed 31-May-17 09:21:30

Are you sure it isn't the eye make up remover? I used to get that with Lancôme Bi-Facils.

Bare Minerals do powder eye shadows that seem quite light and gentle.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 31-May-17 09:27:41

I was going to suggest the remover too,more likely to be that ime.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 31-May-17 09:28:19

Try The Body Shop chamomile butter. Fab stub.

Maudlinmaud Wed 31-May-17 09:31:48

I can't use lancome bi-facils either and they keep giving me the stuff as a gift with purchase or it comes with their mascara. My dd uses it so it doesn't go to waste.
I suspect that it's whatever eye makeup remover you are using too.

PontypandyPioneer Wed 31-May-17 09:34:19

Oh I didn't even think of that! It's a Johnsons one that I've been using for years so it hasn't even occurred to me!

DandelionAndBedrock Wed 31-May-17 10:41:21

I used Lancôme for 5 years, the one day...scaly oily eyes.

When I had my eyes tested, the optician recommended a tiny drop of baby shampoo on a damp, warm cotton pad.

BusterGonad Wed 31-May-17 11:09:28

Yes to the baby shampoo. I was told that by the doctors when my eyelids were so dry, crispy and swallow. I then went out and bought The Body Shop Aloe Vera range. It restores your skins natural defenses. After about 2 weeks my eyes were almost better.

Cakescakescakes Wed 31-May-17 12:10:54

There is a pigment called Chromium Oxide that is in lots of eye make up especially mascara and eyeliner and anything with a dark/black/green colour. It's a common allergen that you could have developed an allergy too? Urban Decay and Laura Mercier brands are generally chromium-free so worth a go.

Cakescakescakes Wed 31-May-17 12:11:27

Also Collection make up is usually fine too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now