Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend a daytime moisturiser with more than SPF15....

(14 Posts)
thenightsky Tue 30-May-17 20:39:19

for someone with 50 year old skin.

I seem to be getting those big brown patches these days, instead of cute freckles. sad

Currently using L'oreal triple action for mature skin, but it only has an SPF of 15. I've searched local shops, but cannot find a 30 or higher, which is what I think I need.

seefeld Tue 30-May-17 20:45:31

How about using a separate SPF over the top of your day moisturiser? There's a La Roche Posay spray that's factor 50 you can also use over your makeup. Or Clinique city block goes up to factor 40.

thenightsky Tue 30-May-17 20:49:12

Ooh. thank you. Not heard of city block. I don't wear foundation.

aheffalump Tue 30-May-17 20:50:33

I like the boots time delay one, factor 30. I've got quite sensitive skin but wear it every day and it's fine.

FreddieFlowerdew Tue 30-May-17 20:53:28

It's best to use a sunscreen rather than a moisturiser with spf. You can layer it with moisturiser if your skin is too dry. I've done an awful lot of research into the best sunscreens for anti aging and Japanese products are streets ahead in their sunscreen technology! In Asia they are very keen on not tanning and anti aging products.

For summer I use Anessa Perfect by Shiseido which is 50spf but most importantly has the highest anti aging rating. Remember that your skin can still age on a cloudy day, so for every day I use Aqua rich watery essence by Biore. I buy them from Japan through eBay.

babybarrister Tue 30-May-17 20:58:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thenightsky Tue 30-May-17 21:27:14

Freddie do you have links?

toriah Tue 30-May-17 21:41:22

Elemis Pro Collagen anti aging one is good, i have sensitive skin, and it feels lovely

www.elemis.com/pro-collagen-marine-cream-spf-30.html

Laquila Tue 30-May-17 22:57:30

Bioré Watery Essence, despite the odd name, is brilliant - I'd go for that if you want genuine sun protection without a doubt.

I used to like City Block when I was younger and less worried about wrinkles though smile

toriah Wed 31-May-17 10:13:37

the ultrasun one is very good , antipigmentation too

www.qvcuk.com/qvc.product.229562.html?sc=PSCH

FreddieFlowerdew Thu 01-Jun-17 00:28:52

Yes these are the ones I buy:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252469451159

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151765059267

They do take a few weeks to arrive from Japan. They are great. The Anessa Perfect is more water resistant so great for summer. The watery essence is perfect for every day. Hope this helps.

LadyLapsang Thu 01-Jun-17 07:04:50

I'm in my 50s and in the summer use a serum then sun block. Have used Dr Sebagh serum repair (v good), now using cheaper The Ordinary "Buffet", followed by La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL 50+ (was 3 for 2 in Boots, otherwise Feel Unique online is often good for offers).

TheChineseChicken Thu 01-Jun-17 07:16:07

I use this everyday www.isclinical.co.uk/Products/Protect/eclipse

It comes in clear or tinted and is really good

mashpot Thu 01-Jun-17 11:22:22

Olay regenerist is factor 30 and I think it's a great day moisturiser. It's the one in the red tube.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now