Talk

Advanced search

Any fake tan experts around?

(5 Posts)
QueenMortificado Tue 30-May-17 19:58:27

I love fake tan and I'm not ashamed of it. Not in a ronseal type way mind, just in a healthy glow type way.

Anyway, I used to always use gradual tanning moisturiser and it sort of gradually flakes off - starting between my boobs then creases of knees / feet / upper arms and I need to furiously body scrub to get rid then the process starts again. This is usually fine because the tanning is so gradual that you can't really tell so much the days between the layers.

However I'm now a St Tropez convert and it's much darker immediately. In some places it seems to naturally wear off but between my boobs / upper arms I'm still getting the flakey / patchy thing.

So my question is: do I still need to slough off all the old dead skin before I can reapply, or if I reapply will it just even out the patchiness? I understand it tans the layers of skin more deeply so technically should be ok to just do even when it's wearing off?

I do body scrub and moisturise before applying it as normal, it's just the last few days it's a PITA

Adviceappreciated88 Tue 30-May-17 20:03:36

I reapply just once on the bits that have gone patchy and then once it starts to go patchy again, I scrub it all off and start the process over smile Hope that helps! X

SilentlyScreamingAgain Tue 30-May-17 23:25:11

Last week, I put what I thought was an unsuitable facial moisturiser on my legs, as I'd mussed up my fake tan by forgetting to wash it off. I was hoping that my legs world look well moisturised and streaky, rather than dry and streaky. The following morning all of the fake tan washed off in the shower.

I had a bit of a closer look at the moisturiser jar and it's actually a wash off brightening mask, containing what must be an awful lot of AHA. The next lot of fake tan went on very smoothly.

Do you have any chemical exfoliant you could try?

KoolKoala07 Tue 30-May-17 23:35:59

I'm a beauty therapist and with tanning we always recommend to exfoliate all old tan off (or as much a possible and start again.

QueenMortificado Wed 31-May-17 08:09:17

Thank you for responses

But if I put new fake tan over the patchiness would it cover the patchiness or just make the tan thats already there darker and the white bits a paler tan, ie keeping it patchy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now