Talk

Advanced search

Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder and skin enhancer very impressed so far.

(20 Posts)
bigbuttons Tue 30-May-17 18:17:10

I feel a bit guilty at the ££££££ spent on 2 small items but they are fantastic. I would never ever normally spend that much, but I figured a few expensive items that I actually love and use would be better than loads of cheaper ones.
The sculpting powder gives a very subtle shadow and the skin enhancer just makes my skin look better without looking like there is anything on it. Is there anything else I should definitely not buy?😮

botemp Tue 30-May-17 18:43:32

Couldn't wait for Surratt then wink. The eyebrow pencil is supposedly good from them if the colour matches well. Bronzing veil is also good, currently, there's a pretty good offer with Net-A-Porter for their seasonal beauty box that has a full size of the bronzer included for a good price provided you're interested in some of the other items in there too.

botemp Tue 30-May-17 18:45:57

Almost forgot (don't know how as it's much loved by me and used daily) their eyelash curlers are great if the Shu Uemura's feel a bit narrow, also gives a more swooped to the side curl rather than the dolly look Shu gives.

bigbuttons Tue 30-May-17 19:44:47

botemp no, I couldn't wait. I was in need of some retail therapy! I will get the surratt when it comes out again though, no question . Sorry whose eyelash curler ? ( dense).
The thing I am realising with high end stuff is that for the most part ( I am sure there are some exceptions) that it just looks better and is easier to use, especially if you are a lazy novice like me.
The 2 products I bought have made a huge difference to my face with little effort and no talentwink
Also pleased to say that the years of double cleansing, acids,retin, other actives and religious use of factor 50 had the SA tell me I had excellent skint that didn't really need covering. Not bad for someone pushing 50.
I am definitely going to invest in a few more expensive bits.

botemp Tue 30-May-17 19:56:10

I meant Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curlers. Thought you were asking specifically about KA.

The Surratt eyelash curlers are also meant to be ace but like the Grisaille perpetually out of stock. I'm completely devoted to the Surratt blushes, want to get some of the eye shadows next and the highlighter. Ooh and the brow pommade and mascara. I have a well documented Surratt problem.

Good skin is the best base for makeup as far as I'm concerned. You need very little to make it look good and I do tend to subscribe to a little of something very good rather than giant drawers full of meh products.

bigbuttons Tue 30-May-17 21:34:58

Thanks botemp, I might have to get those eyelash curlers, I like the thought that they give an extra flick to the outer lashes🙂. Thanks for replying, it's been really helpful!

Flambola Tue 30-May-17 22:43:57

How do you wear the Skin Enhancer?

bigbuttons Wed 31-May-17 08:04:44

flambola I am not expert, far from it, but I understand that it can be used in different ways. It is incredibly thick and very, very pigmented so you only use the tiniest amount. I am wearing a very thin layer just to make my skin look better, I also use it as an under eye concealer and it is by far the best thin I have come across for this. I just look younger and more awake.

CurriedEggs Wed 31-May-17 09:08:03

OP I just want to check, is it THIS one ?

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 31-May-17 09:12:43

I will try to get to Liberty today, I want to try Bobbi Brown Maui, and Surratt Ponceau.

The one you're taking is Grisaiile? it seems out of stock everywhere.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 31-May-17 09:12:57

talking about

bigbuttons Wed 31-May-17 10:10:40

curriedeggs that's the one.
Yes I want the Grisaille. Think I'll be waiting a long time. Still the KA sculpting thing is certainly amazing.

thethoughtfox Wed 31-May-17 11:27:28

The sculpting power is incredible it looks exactly like shadow.

bigbuttons Wed 31-May-17 11:46:19

I got the light shade, it is exactly like shadow.

CurriedEggs Wed 31-May-17 16:49:29

Thanks

DixieChick77 Wed 31-May-17 17:53:22

I know this is a bit OT but Kevyn Aucoin died in 2002. I don't understand why his name is attached to products he never had anything to do with. It puts me off wanting to try anything...

bigbuttons Wed 31-May-17 17:56:59

dixie the same can be said for the likes of Chanel.

QueenoftheAndals Wed 31-May-17 18:16:13

Yes but Chanel was already a brand with perfumes etc. Kevyn was a brilliant makeup artist (seriously, check out his books) but didn't have any sort of product range AFAIK.

botemp Wed 31-May-17 21:12:06

According to Wikipedia, he founded Kevyn Aucoin Beauty the year before he died, whether that's the same company as the Kevyn Aucoin brand I don't know for certain. The official company site seems to suggest the same. I do vaguely recall there was some controversy around it at some point, possibly when it was sold on and formulations were tinkered with? Troy Surratt (from the Surratt line) was a sort of protege at the end of KA's life (which is why there are so many similarities between the two lines) but I don't think he was involved with the KA brand and if there was a specific reason for that or not.

bigbuttons Wed 31-May-17 21:29:32

That's interesting to know botemp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now