Talk

Advanced search

What product do you recommend to hold natural curls?

(19 Posts)
Purplerainbow Tue 30-May-17 09:48:42

I have quite long hair that I mostly straighten. In the heat we've had iv washed it and left it to dry and the curls have been curler than they used to. Iv just scrunched mouse in but of course leaves it a bit crunchy. What product can I scrunch in WET hair, leave to dry? Leave with defined curls? Also I curl it with ghds when going out, what can I use to hold the curl after that? The same product would be fab with an oncoming holiday grin

Acornantics Tue 30-May-17 09:56:39

I swear by Moroccan Oil Curl Cream, it comes in a large pump-action tube but you can buy a travel sized tube online. Use it sparingly on wet hair, leave to dry naturally or with a diffuser on low heat. It's light and non-crunchy nor greasy.

YouWouldntLetItLie Tue 30-May-17 10:18:39

Aveda Curl Cream works best for my naturally curly frizz prone hair. I have to put it on wet hair, rather than damp - something about the water weight seems to make the curls smoother and more defined?

Purplerainbow Tue 30-May-17 15:37:54

Getting a small/travel size or cheap product would be great as iv wasted so much money trying to find one!

My hair is frizz prone and will frizz with no product aswell aa the wrong one!

sanitygirl Tue 30-May-17 17:59:23

Boots curl cream (pink, in a pot, very cheap)

Purplerainbow Tue 30-May-17 19:18:50

Is it like a gel sanity? Ok on wet aswell as dry or just wet?

Ginmakesitallok Tue 30-May-17 19:20:40

I like umberto Gianni (sp?) Scrunch gel.

Purplerainbow Tue 30-May-17 19:25:30

gin does a gel not make it sticky and crunchy? I don't think iv tried hat one...

PurpleOneWithTheNutIn Tue 30-May-17 19:58:04

Curl creme makes my hair crunchy sad am I doing it wrong?

PurpleOneWithTheNutIn Tue 30-May-17 19:58:58

Or cream (whichever it is!) the boots one anyway.

Ginmakesitallok Tue 30-May-17 20:05:17

A bit crunchy, but not sticky

FlourishandBlotts Tue 30-May-17 20:21:01

All you have to do if your hair is crunchy is just flip your head upside down and scrunch out the crunch - best to do when hair it dry. You only need a little bit of the curl creme, it really does go along way.

marriednotdead Tue 30-May-17 20:28:30

I've yet to find anything better than Sebastian Whipped Creme. No crunch at all and much more defined curls. Been buying it online as it seems to be around £20 in salons but a little goes a long way.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Tue 30-May-17 20:31:18

Setting lotion, like old ladies use. I have some of the pink Stay Set from Boots, it's about £3. I mix it with water in a spray bottle and spritz my hair with it, it keeps my hair soft and not crispy at all.

Cherryflamingo Tue 30-May-17 22:44:19

Boots curl creme. You scrunch out the crunch when it's dry.

PurpleOneWithTheNutIn Tue 30-May-17 23:13:12

That's where I'm going wrong! I need to use less and scrunch out the crunch!
Thanks smile

GardenGeek Tue 30-May-17 23:14:50

Moroccan Oil Argan Oil

Have never straightened my hair ever since grin

Wash, oil and go for every event - holidays, camping, work, day, weekend, evening, weddings!

Incredible shit

Sauvignonblanket Tue 30-May-17 23:41:26

Another one for Boots curl creme. Or Tigi's curls rock, which you put through soaking wet hair before styling (or just leaving it to dry naturally).

Purplerainbow Wed 31-May-17 07:20:08

Ok... so scrunch out the crunch.....
So scrunch it in wet..... when it's dried then scrunch cut again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now