Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning waxed barbour jacket

(4 Posts)
NotAMammy Mon 29-May-17 20:32:34

I got a barbour jacket and have worn it non-stop all winter and now it's in need of some tlc. I know I can't throw it in the washing machine and I don't think dry cleaners can handle it. Do I send it back to barbour to take care of? I live an easy driving distance to the outlet shop, so do I just bring it back there? I'm normally a 'just throw it in a delicate wash and hope for the best' school of thought, but I feel like I should actually take care of this.
thanks

imjessie Mon 29-May-17 21:01:35

You can't machine wash waxed cotton , if it's a traditional wax jacket you need to sponge down and the wax it . It's a process dry cleaners can do or you can do it yourself . You need to go to an outdoor shop or look online for spray wax ( I've always found this the best option ) it's not cheap and takes a long time to do properly 😬

FinallyHere Mon 29-May-17 21:05:27

I take mine to the local-ish Barbour shop for a clean and reproof. They are brilliant, good value even if not cheap.

Maremaremare Mon 29-May-17 21:09:11

www.barbour.com/anatomy/wax

See step 5...
"Alternatively, you can send your Jacket to us and have it re-waxed in our factory. Visit our re-wax and repair page to find out more."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now