Talk

Advanced search

Pre owned bikinis

(24 Posts)
tireddotcom72 Mon 29-May-17 18:22:01

Verdicts? I'm very top heavy so buying cheap and cheerful bikinis from primark not an option. Also like to take 2 on holiday so it's not a cheap buy! After lots of recommendations for searching out cheaper options for bras for dd I decided to look on eBay for bargain bikinis! I'm spoilt for choice! However have also seen some lovely pre owned ones but I'm wondering if 2nd bikinis are a bit confused I would buy mismatched bottoms as it's only the tops sizing I have problems with. Would you wear a bikini top someone else had worn before?

ChardonnaysPrettySister Mon 29-May-17 18:22:53

No.

Mylittlestsunshine Mon 29-May-17 18:27:16

A bikini top - Possibly

Bikini bottoms - No

Laska5772 Mon 29-May-17 18:30:14

Possibly .... , but before doing that that i would look at discount sellers of bra sized bikinis .. You can often get real bargains in last years styles.. I buy from discountswimwear retailers most years. My favourite on line shops are Leia lingerie and Belle lingerie

NoParticularPattern Mon 29-May-17 18:31:41

I'm going to go against the grain and say yes I would if it was a mega bargain and appeared to have had hardly any use. I figure it's hopefully been washed and probably used whilst in water anyway so I'd be happy to use someone else's stuff I think!

Go get a bargain- I'm probably swayed by the fact that I've just had to practically remortgage to buy a one piece and a bikini!!

2014newme Mon 29-May-17 18:32:06

No you need to try before you buy.
Lots of companies give you the option to buy tops separately from bottom eg next. M and s. Bikinis aren't expensive surely?! 😂

GirlOverboard Mon 29-May-17 18:35:25

Yeah, I'd be OK with second hand bikini tops. After giving them a good wash. The bikini tops/bras you buy on the high street might have been tried on by several people before you, so it's not really that different.

CowParsleyNettle Mon 29-May-17 18:38:56

No. Like buying second hand knickers.

I've just ordered a Boux Avenue (I think) bikini that looks to be a great knock off of the Agent Provocater Mazzini, £45ish in their sale.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 29-May-17 18:39:38

euuggh! NO!!!]
would you wear preowned underpants?

SuperFlyHigh Mon 29-May-17 18:44:49

I've sold bikinis that are pre owned BUT they are new with tags and have the plastic strip in the bikini pants!

I wouldn't buy bikini pants without this strip in place!

tireddotcom72 Mon 29-May-17 18:46:15

Would not be wearing 2nd hand bottoms nooooo! Found a couple new with tags ones that look ok x

Someone asked bikinis can't be expensive yes they can when you need scaffolding to hold the boobs up! And as dd takes after me 4 bikinis can easily set me back £100+

AuditAngel Mon 29-May-17 18:53:31

Wish I could get 4 for £100, my last two were about £45 each

2014newme Mon 29-May-17 19:01:15

£45 isn't expensive for a bikini though is it?

Londonbum Mon 29-May-17 19:05:07

Lol why not?! Just wash them! I've done this, got a lovely Freya bikini with proper cups that I'd never have been able to afford otherwise!

RedStripeIassie Mon 29-May-17 19:07:48

I would. I didn't and shelled out £20 for a swim suit. I genuinely didn't realise they were so pricey and felt really resentful spending a score on something that looks shit and makes me feel ugly!

tireddotcom72 Mon 29-May-17 19:08:37

£45 isn't expensive for a bikini though is it?

It is when you need to spend that much on bikinis for dd as well! Single mum on a tight budget here!

Redken24 Mon 29-May-17 19:10:44

La redoute have a 40% off everything with a code on the site. Maybe that could help?

HowMuchDoWeNeed Mon 29-May-17 20:55:57

Go for it.

If it's good enough for Kim Kardashian ...

hollieberrie Mon 29-May-17 21:00:54

Yes definitely. I have 2 lovely second hand ones i bought on ebay.
Nearly all my clothes are ebay or charity shop. just wash them, it'll be fine. If they dont fit you, you can just resell.

NennyNooNoo Mon 29-May-17 21:17:00

I got a Boden one on ebay for about a fiver including postage and wear it a handful of times every summer. It looked almost new when I got it. If you're familiar with the size you need in a particular brand you can get some real bargains.

tireddotcom72 Mon 29-May-17 22:20:42

Thanks all x I love Freya bikinis and know what size I need got my self a couple of bargains. I'm amazed that people spend £50 on new bikinis then shove it in a drawer never to be worn! However I've paid £15 for one bikini and £10 for a bikini top so I'm not complaining!

tireddotcom72 Mon 29-May-17 22:21:34

Neither have been worn so no second hand knicker worries!

LadyOfTheCanyon Mon 29-May-17 22:32:08

Yes of course I would. Just wash them before wearing if there's an ick factor. We try on stuff in changing rooms that could have had any scabrous beast in it before us and we'd never know.

pasturesgreen Tue 30-May-17 09:04:51

I wouldn't have a problem with it, you're washing them anyway so I see no difference to any other item of clothing. Bikini bottoms would obviously be different!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now