Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention ladies - 32F help!

(37 Posts)
littleredpear Sun 28-May-17 22:53:33

Hello grin

I measured myself using the rules on here. Bra size went from 34 DD to 32 E.

I bought two bras, one Freya and one from M&S. here is the thing. I can't wear either. They both feel far too tight and the underwire is digging straight up into my armpits.

I've taken the Freya one off tonight and I'm red and sore, it's rubbed a patch under my arm that currently got savlon on it.

Any advice?

lobsterface Sun 28-May-17 22:56:26

Ouch! I ignore my bravissimo size which is 34H and go for a 36GG or 36H instead and find it much more comfortable. Go to Debenhams and try their larger boobed range - go up a band size if it's comfier. Life's too short to wear the "right" size if it hurts like hell. I don't get on with m and s bras by the by.

littleredpear Sun 28-May-17 23:05:47

Thank you, I'm rural m&s is my only option. Freya one came by post on Friday.

Totally unimpressed by both and the sizing but I know a 34DD, 36DD or 34E doesn't fit me. I have drawers full of bras and nothing fits, especially after a few hours wear.

Is it possible to not find an off the peg one at all?

Voice0fReason Sun 28-May-17 23:33:46

When you find the answer, let me know!
I've been wearing a 34DD that I know is too small but I am struggling to find a comfy and pretty 32EE. I don't want scaffolding.

Yewtown Mon 29-May-17 09:23:06

It might just be the wrong style or manufacturer. I read a lot of threads about bras and Cleo consistantly was mentioned as a great fit. Like you I had red welts and pain. I then tried Fantasie, what a revelation. Finally a bra like a slipper. My advice would be to try different makes. I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction, hth.

lobsterface Mon 29-May-17 12:37:16

Debenhams and bravissimo deliver. Different styles fit differently too.

ThreeForAPound Mon 29-May-17 12:40:34

I've had the same. Always worn a 34DD but the 'bra intervention' measurements puts me at 32E.

That size cuts shreds into me, though. I've had bras from Bravissimo, Rigby & Peller and M&S and I've tried on t-shirt bras, balconette bras and plunge. None are comfortable, the ones I bought leave red welts after a day's wear.

Gone back to 34DD again, but wish I knew why it didn't work for me.

littleredpear Mon 29-May-17 14:36:54

I have 4 boobs by lunchtime in a 34DD, it's not pretty. All sorts of styles tried.

No to bravissimo sadPrevious in store experience was an expensive mistake, lots of ugly ugly bras that crippled me. Never again.

GirlOverboard Mon 29-May-17 14:58:54

Another recommendation for Fantasie here. I've just bought a 30H bra from them (via Ebay) and it's so much more comfortable than the 32G I was wearing from M&S. I'm not exactly skinny and the 32 used to dig into my back, so I was very sceptical about trying a 30, but it's perfect. Plus it was only £10.

dementedpixie Mon 29-May-17 15:07:33

Are you sure the cup is big enough as 34DD has the same cup volume as 32E so the cup size hasn't increased in your new bra? Or try a 34E if you have overspill with 34DD

dementedpixie Mon 29-May-17 15:09:12

And try different styles as a different one may suit better

woodhill Mon 29-May-17 15:11:56

Fantasies Rebecca is like wearing slippers.smile

KatharinaRosalie Mon 29-May-17 15:18:11

OK if 34 DD gives you 4-boob look, then the cup is clearly too small. And 32E has the same cup size, therefore also too small. Noticeable fourboob means that you probably need to go up more than 1 cup, so I would try 32FF.

If you put the bras on backwards, how does the band feel now? If it's OK, it might be just the cup size issue. But you also need to figure out the styles and shapes that suit you. For example, Freya and Fantasie bras tend to have lower, shallower wires, and for some people, they go too far back into armpit. Panache on the other hand has more narrower, higher wires. So try to order a selection of brands and styles and try them all on - many places do free returns.

littleredpear Mon 29-May-17 15:52:59

Lots of great advice, thank you everyone.

My main problem is a bra that looks like it fits, feels ok and starts off alright is then killing me or I have overspill by lunchtime.

I'm petite (5ft) so I'm not surprised some bras feel far too high into my armpit.

I have a plaster on the graze today for comfort.

I think I'm over 20 bras now in the drawer am I'm reduced to 1 m&s tatty thing they don't make any more.

KatharinaRosalie Mon 29-May-17 15:55:39

If the trouble is that the bra wire comes up too high, give Curvy Kate a try, they tend to have very shallow wires.

littleredpear Mon 29-May-17 15:58:21

Sorry missed a sentence!

I need to wear it for some time to understand fit and function etc.

That's what's not really possible

Marv1nGay3 Mon 29-May-17 16:07:18

I am a 34E and find that Wacoal works really well for me. ( I order them online from John Lewis).I used to go to Rigby and Peller but it was so expensive although the bras were great. I also had a bad experience with Bravissimo and ended up with an ill fitting bra that made me a strange shape!!

TheFirstMrsDV Mon 29-May-17 16:23:54

I am a 30f and have the same sort of problem
Can't wear Curvy Kate because the middle is too high and digs terribly.
I get underwires poking into my armpits with some makes and others give me back/side fat even though I am a size 10!
Bra buying is a horrible chore and I hate it.

I used to pick up a few sets from Asda when I was a 32 B (I probably wasn't a 32B but I wish I was still living in ignorance).

Bras are expensively depressing.

littleredpear Mon 29-May-17 20:54:31

Bra on backwards (32) on the last set of hooks feels annoyingly tight

sad

MyGirlDaisy Mon 29-May-17 21:03:50

Another vote for Fantasie - Rebecca is the most comfortable bra ever - & I am an F cup. I buy online from House of Fraser when they have a discount event on.

cheapskatemum Mon 29-May-17 21:04:43

I'm a 32F and have the same problem! I've reasoned that I have quite a pronounced ribcage, so the underwires of a 32 rub mercilessly on my ribs. Underwires sticking into my armpits are less of a problem. I bought size 34E T-shirt bras (padded & underwired) in La Senza and they're doing ok for me at the moment.

woodhill Mon 29-May-17 21:06:16

Yes I know what you mean MrsD. I have a 30F JL bra which looks lovely but digs in under the armpit.

Eastpoint Mon 29-May-17 21:10:57

Chantelle are expensive but fit me well 32FF/30G. They even do a strapless/multiway bra.

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Mon 29-May-17 21:26:19

I'm 32FF, 5ft 2 and have just bought a Chantelle which is sooooo comfortable. Fantasie are great too.

cheapskatemum Mon 29-May-17 21:29:12

I've just looked at the Fantasie Rebecca online and it's very similar to the La Senza ones I bought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now