Talk

Advanced search

Describe the fragrance of Estee Lauder Beautiful

(14 Posts)
MorrisZapp Sun 28-May-17 21:45:22

I have a haircare product that I love the smell of. A YouTuber has said it smells just like Estee Lauder Beautiful.

If you know Beautiful, how would you describe the fragrance?

OhWellNeverMindEh Sun 28-May-17 22:01:59

Pretty but strong. Floral, like fresh flowers.

I love beautiful, I don't wear it but it's a beautiful smell (no pun intended)

ArtemisiaGentilleschi Sun 28-May-17 22:06:29

1990s white flower light floral. Very pretty and quite innocent. The original marketing was bridal to compete with CK Eternity.

Nettletheelf Mon 29-May-17 00:26:43

No way is Beautiful a light floral! You can smell it from around a corner. It's a very powerful flower smell and reminds me of the perfume hall of Lewis's department store in the 1980s.

Tangfastics Mon 29-May-17 03:18:06

Sweet floral. Pretty strong, not sure I'd describe it as 'light' either although I think they've done various versions of it that could fit into that category.

Jmangel Mon 29-May-17 07:30:50

God I used to love Beautiful and hammered it in my late teens - must have stank the place out as it is strong stuff. EL should definitely formulate a perfect weak version of it more in keeping with today scent - they brought out B Sheer but smelt nothing like the original and really plasticky.
The scent of beautiful is a perfect floral to me but I get a creamy musky rose type smell from it - not sure about the white floral aldehyde description.

VintagePerfumista Mon 29-May-17 10:17:53

I'd also say a lightish floral. I suppose it depends what you're comparing it with! It's a white floral, so a lot less heavy but somehow sweeter than florals with rose, etc. There is also a citrus note in it which keeps it light.

www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Est-e-Lauder/Beautiful-528.html

Donttakemeout Mon 29-May-17 10:56:14

It reminds me of my dad. He always bought this for me.

Badders123 Mon 29-May-17 11:02:51

I would say its light floral too
By the great Sophia grosjman who is known for her use of florals, esp rose

emsyj37 Mon 29-May-17 11:07:10

A heavy powdery sweet floral scent. Smells lovely on my DSis and like cat piss on me sadly sad.
I like it, but not on myself as it doesnt suit my skin. It is very typical Estee Lauder in that it is strong, distinctive and long-lasting.

fluffiphlox Mon 29-May-17 11:51:20

I don't know how I'd describe it but like any Estée Lauder fragrance you can smell it a mile off.

MorrisZapp Mon 29-May-17 14:05:20

Thanks all. I had a scoosh today in town and it's exactly as described. Too heavy for me but a gorgeous, sultry scent.

The haircare product I mentioned is System Professional Solar Oil, which is a lush floral but with hints of suntan lotion. I love the smell on my hair! Would buy the full range if they ever turned it into body products.

EleanorRigbysNeice Mon 29-May-17 15:05:24

1990's and everyone was doused in it. It's NOT for the faint hearted. Pungent, over flowery, cloying.

MorrisZapp Tue 30-May-17 13:08:24

HURRAH!

Just walked past the hairdressers and guess what, they do have a body product in that range! And it's my birthday soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now