Talk

Advanced search

I wish I had a jawline.

(23 Posts)
JamesDelaneysHat Sun 28-May-17 21:20:24

I have a podgy face. As does my mother and her mother before her.. Is there owt to be done about a face like a pudding? I could do with losing a stone but even then it's not great. Do those weird face exercises from the 80's work?

DeadGood Sun 28-May-17 21:28:13

Watching... I wish I had one too. Would like to have a blunt cut but it would look horrid on me.

Isn't the Slendertone for this kind of thing?

DeadGood Sun 28-May-17 21:29:20

OK just googled and Slendertone is the wrong thing. Let me have a think... it's some kind of 80s face machine that fixes jowliness.

Deux Sun 28-May-17 21:31:46

I think Rosemary Conley does a lower face exercise contraption. It's like a springy type thing that goes in your mouth.

I realise this is a truly terrible description.

DeadGood Sun 28-May-17 21:32:19

Oh. Right. It is the Slendertone Face.

www.slendertone.com/gb-en/toning-machines/facial-toner

Clearly, I don't own one. But apparently they work?!

elQuintoConyo Sun 28-May-17 21:37:23

I'm a chinless wonder in my 40s, i think i'm a lost cause! I'd like to say i have aristocratic blood, but i'm common as muck grin

I have an inverted bob which suits me lovely. Obviously i avoided wearing choker necklaces in the 90s!

JamesDelaneysHat Sun 28-May-17 21:40:16

Christ almighty! So I need to electrocute my face with some earphones or else let an octogenarian Rosemary Conley contraption sort it out grin

JamesDelaneysHat Sun 28-May-17 21:41:27

Ooh Quinto I too have an inverted bob! High five! However I have a surplus of chin rather than a lack.

mewkins Sun 28-May-17 23:47:05

How about contouring? There must be a YouTube video somewhere....

NoTimeToDillyDally Mon 29-May-17 02:16:50

Can't help with this one but ... I wish I had boobs!
I'm sure a good make up concession in store could help to teach some contouring techniques (and sell you products to help)?

Jmangel Mon 29-May-17 07:35:30

You can have mine - I could cut glass with it! - it's not very feminine and I hate wearing my hair up. Everyone wants what they don't have.
I'm having a course of radiofrequency skin tightening facials mainly for my eye bags and cheeks but the jaw gets worked on too and it's definitely firmer and chisel like. Maybe look into that?
And yes, dark powder/bronzer to contour underneath.

silkpyjamasallday Mon 29-May-17 08:02:19

I have such a chubby face, and I absolutely hate it because nothing will change it. I've always been very slim, bordering on underweight but my face looks like I might be quite plump if you saw it on its own. Everyone keeps comparing DD and I because we have 'the same chubby cheeks' cute on 8 month DD, terrible on me. However my mum is the same and in her mid fifties still gets mistaken for DDs mum rather than grandma so I suppose that's a bonus in the future. I'd rather look good now though tbh.

Has anyone actually tried that slender tone contraption? Did it work or is it just marketing bollocks?

TupperwareTat Mon 29-May-17 08:08:13

www.argos.co.uk/product/4429027

Rio neck toner & contouring would work, I reckon.

Secretsout Mon 29-May-17 10:03:17

You can have dermal fillers injected to enhance and improve your jawline. Depending on the product used, the effects can last a couple of years.

humanfemale Mon 29-May-17 14:55:15

I have a weak jawline and if I put on any excess weight whatsoever, it's the first place I notice flabbening. Before my ass, even and that's really saying something! So annoying as I have friends who don't put weight on their faces at all.

CJCreggsGoldfish Mon 29-May-17 14:59:48

I have a chubby face, there's a photo of me in the house which DH described as 'when you had a proper moon face'. It's slimmed out as I've gotten older, but I'm still self conscious wearing my hair up. I'm very slim so it's bot just a case of losing weight. My mum has the same though...my lucky sister has a lovely oval shaped face.

JamesDelaneysHat Mon 29-May-17 17:11:13

I really don't want to go down the contouring route- I'm 41! Plus I couldn't be arsed doing it. That tortuous looking thing from Argos is actually tempting me...

mewkins Mon 29-May-17 18:05:57

Contouring is easy and quickest way to achieve what you are looking for! You can just do your jasmine with a bit of bronzer - needn't look like a towie extra!

JamesDelaneysHat Mon 29-May-17 20:44:24

Do my Jasmine? grinshock is that some kind of euphemism?

mewkins Mon 29-May-17 21:52:50

Hahahah. It's my stupid autocorrect. You can do your jasmine if you like but it may not be improved by the presence of bronzer grin

Qtipsrsweet Mon 29-May-17 21:54:11

When I forget to contour 🤣

JamesDelaneysHat Mon 29-May-17 21:55:59

Qtips! My long lost sister!

Qtipsrsweet Mon 29-May-17 21:58:01

James..... Hee Hee!! Hey sis !!! 👍🏼

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now