Talk

Advanced search

Beautiful and Comfortable healed evening shoes - an impossible ask?

(9 Posts)
MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sun 28-May-17 18:01:26

This has stumped me thus far but I have faith in the S&B ladies. HELP!

I am going to super posh ball and need to be looking amazing! I have a lovely black dress (pic attached) and had bought some Irregular Choice shoes to go with them (see pic).

I bloody love the shoes. But they are torture! So stiff and kill the top of my toes. Also, I am fairly large (size 18) and my ankles swell up in the heat and these will probably cripple me further.

Please can you help me find some gorgeous but comfortable shoes. I like sparkly and different. Happy with wedges. Can pay up to about £90. The ball is in London on 8th June so not much time (I've been hanging on praying the Irregular Choice would miraculously become comfortable...the Bastard's haven't!)

Meanwhile I am losing weight, wearing compression stockings and considering putting glitter on my fitflops!

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sun 28-May-17 18:02:19

Pic of dress

LaLegue Sun 28-May-17 18:03:21

Can you try taking them to a cobbler to be stretched? It seems such a shame to waste them when they cost so much.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sun 28-May-17 18:07:33

Thanks LaLeague. I would but they are sort of canvas. Also I am going to send them back so no money lost.

They are lovely looking shoes and back in the day I would have worn them and be damned. But I am now sensible and middle aged and just can't do it!

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 28-May-17 18:11:36

www.irregularchoice.com/womens/kanjanka-c.html?___SID=U

Can you exchange them? I have similar to these and the lower heel is much easier to get on with. Irregular choice take some getting used to because the soles seem styled different to a lot of shoes but I honestly find them really comfortable. How long will you be on your feet for? Can you do a lot of sitting and just strategic strutting?

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sun 28-May-17 18:17:22

Ooh they are pretty.

One problem I should have mentioned in my OP is that I like a strap of some sort to hold my feet in as I am pretty clumsy.

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 28-May-17 19:29:50

These might be easier to get on with? I have a pair and they hold your feet quite firmly.

www.irregularchoice.com/collections/poetic-poppy-j.html?___SID=U

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sun 28-May-17 19:47:11

Ooh Lady, I like them.

They don't seem to have size 7. But I'll have a look at other providers.

Bump...

dazzlingdeborahrose Fri 02-Jun-17 15:30:25

Try dance shoes. I've a pair I use for evening shoes. They're designed to hold the foot in place and are very comfy. They will have a suede sole ( for easy gliding across dance floors) but you can have that replaced with a leather sole if you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now