Talk

Advanced search

Please help find me a dress for work awards evening

(8 Posts)
thisismyname2016 Sun 28-May-17 17:07:40

Hello everyone, would be really grateful for some help please.
I need to find a dress for a v smart work awards evening event. We're shortlisted for an award so it's possible I"ll be standing up in front of these people!
I'm 5'2 (that extra 2 is v important), Size 12-14, large boobed and I don't really do bright colours- help. I love black, khaki, grey etc. I wouldn't wear all white if you paid me (too self conscious).

Please help. I just want to look well put together- so ideas on shoes, bag all warmly received smile

snowgirl1 Sun 28-May-17 22:53:51

This French Connection dress?

RedMetamorphosis Mon 29-May-17 14:51:40

I've just bought this for a works do where we have to be business smart etc.

I'm a 12 with big boobs and hips, it is so flattering on. I'm planning on wearing mine with a blush pink jacket and rose gold shoes/bag.

hahahaIdontgetit Mon 29-May-17 14:55:26

Is it black tie?

I'd go cocktail length rather than full length if I were you.

stripeylion3 Mon 29-May-17 15:13:51

www.theiconic.com.au/in-the-middle-of-the-night-classic-midi-dress-477474.html

thisismyname2016 Mon 29-May-17 15:28:12

Hi, thanks very much for the idea so far. Love the black wiggle dress RedMetamorphosis- thank you.

It's not black tie hahahaIdontgetit and full length would probably swamp me so I agree!

The other dresses are lovely too, thank you, but the first one's not really me and the second is too colourful- all lovely but just not me (I know, makes no sense).

hahahaIdontgetit Mon 29-May-17 16:17:45

this?

thisismyname2016 Mon 29-May-17 19:22:20

hahahaIdontgetit- that's absolutely gorgeous. I love the whole outfit, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now