Talk

Advanced search

What are some French brands that do stylish, reasonably-priced clothes?

(15 Posts)
QueenoftheAndals Sun 28-May-17 09:00:37

I'm not talking Chanel but somewhere that does stylish, good quality basics that aren't too pricey, as my budget is more high street that haute couture! Am off to Paris next month and will have a bit of time to shop. I'm feeling v uninspired by the British high street at the moment...

Rockaby Sun 28-May-17 09:31:13

I used to live in Paris and, as I was a student, I was broke! Tbh, I mainly shopped in H&M, Gap and Zara. A lot of their budget fashion shops are the same as ours.

helzapoppin2 Sun 28-May-17 09:35:37

I bought a Petit Bateau sweater recently in this country. Not too dear, but could be even more reasonable in France. They also do basics of the Breton type.

Rockaby Sun 28-May-17 09:59:46

There are some nice little independent boutiques which aren't expensive if you go somewhere a bit less smart. The Main Street in Montparnasse - think it's called General Leclerc - has some. Or did when I was there, (over ten years ago now)! It isn't my favourite area though. Also, there's a lovely market on Rue Mouffetard, but it's mainly food.

QueenoftheAndals Sun 28-May-17 10:11:01

We are actually staying on Rue Mouffetard! We were there last year and loved it so figured why stay anywhere else?

Rockaby Sun 28-May-17 10:21:42

That's really near where I used to live smile. I was on a little street off Rue de l'Estrapade. Such a great area.

Rainatnight Sun 28-May-17 10:27:23

A friend just gave baby DD an absolutely beautiful blouse and dress from Monoprix! Very stylish and gorgeously made. Can't believe it.

FlindersKeepers Sun 28-May-17 13:10:57

Monoprix, especially accessories. Galeries Lafayette's own brand for really good tees, sweaters, accessories. Burton is not a men's suit shop in France, they also sell womenswear, good for co-ordinates and colour.

MountainDweller Mon 29-May-17 00:41:41

Armand Thiery, Camaieu and Jacqueline Riu might have things that suit.

Bit further downmarket are Etam, Kiabi and C&A.

DaemonPantalaemon Mon 29-May-17 00:45:11

Do try Maje, Sandro and BCBG. Lovely stuff, stylish without being fashiony.

NoTimeToDillyDally Mon 29-May-17 02:15:13

Monoprix

hellokittymania Mon 29-May-17 02:18:36

I love Jennifer, pinky and Tally Wel I don't know if the last one is spelled correctly. Anyway I am a very small size, European 30 to 32 and those shops carry my size.

AnotheBloodyChinHair Mon 29-May-17 06:51:54

Sezane, Caroll, Comptoir des Cotonniers

Humphriescushion Mon 29-May-17 06:59:37

naf naf and promod
123 - probably a bit more expensive than the previous ones but nice and good quality in general.

starsinyourpies Mon 29-May-17 07:27:21

Comptoir des cotonniers, they seem to have all the best stuff in the French shops! Very good quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now