Talk

Advanced search

Fake tan for pale-ish English rose type skin

(19 Posts)
inkypinkymalinky Sat 27-May-17 21:25:00

Used to use St Moritz which worked well but now find it patchy and v fake looking! Skin a bit dry.... need to look less washed out... tinted moisturiser type things don't give enough colour though

GrumpySusan Sat 27-May-17 21:31:49

I have similar pale/English rose type skin and the only thing I've found that works is the dove summer glow.
It is a gradual tanner but I notice results after only a couple of days. It doesnt streak or go orange or patchy either!

MaisyPops Sat 27-May-17 21:36:36

I use piz buin lightest one but put extra moisturiser on before.

About to try the light st tropez one and use the same principle.

Hurleygirl123 Sun 28-May-17 08:08:49

St tropez light or clarins les delicious ( brown tub, smells beautiful!)... Exfoliate first and user a tan mit smile

inkypinkymalinky Sun 28-May-17 13:19:55

I will give those a go... starting with the cheapest!

MaisyPops Sun 28-May-17 21:58:20

Just checked my st tropez one.
It's the gradual tanning lotion in the brown bottle.
It's taken me to a nice slight bronze on one application. I dread to think how dark I'd find the actual fake tan stuff!
Going to do a 2nd coat of it tomorrow to see what happens as you've meant to apply it regularly to keep the colour.

Mollypolly2610 Sun 28-May-17 22:24:53

I went to boots today and looked for the cocoa butter tanning moisturizer but couldn't find any. Garnier summer body lotion was on half price offer so I bought that instead. Will it tan me over a week or so use?

AChanceAtSchool Sun 28-May-17 22:34:07

I too am very pale, BUT! have recently realised that the "Light/Medium" gradual tanners are a racket. They take days to build up. St Tropez must have been rubbing their hands with glee when they realised they could sell their product so watered-down, for the same price...

Go straight for the "Medium/Dark" shade. I know, it's scary. But you will get a one-shot hit of colour, not too much, just enough to take the blue tinge away - overnight.

fannydaggerz Sun 28-May-17 22:38:24

Try skinny tan, it's excellent.

Mollypolly2610 Sun 28-May-17 23:02:14

Where do you buy skinny tan

fannydaggerz Sun 28-May-17 23:17:24

You can buy it in Superdrug or you can buy from their Facebook page. They do good offers on fb.

NoTimeToDillyDally Mon 29-May-17 02:22:12

Is skinny tan better than other tanning products?

WetsTheFinger Mon 29-May-17 02:55:34

Skinny tan is a cut above the rest. And it doesn't stink. It's well worth the money.

SuperBeagle Mon 29-May-17 03:32:02

Bondi Sands is my go-to. I use the dark one because then I only need one coat.

St Tropez is the same re quality but is extortionately priced

Raaaaaah Mon 29-May-17 03:51:49

Just got the dove summer extension for my whiter than white legs. Looks very natural,

echinaceadootmanut Mon 29-May-17 08:07:02

Does the skinny tan rub off on clothes? I find most fake tan does this but looking for one that doesn't leave orange streaks on my clothes!

Ginmakesitallok Mon 29-May-17 08:11:03

I used skinny tan gradual tanner mousse for first time last week - it's fabulous! My legs are browner than they would be after a holiday. They are the colour I always wanted them to be!

Ginmakesitallok Mon 29-May-17 08:11:34

Oh and it doesn't rub off as far as I can see.

Hurleygirl123 Mon 29-May-17 18:37:45

I think the gradual ones rub off a bit easier...and I agree with Achanceatschool that the dark option is a wise choice...used to use clinique dark self tan and it was fab after one application! I'm going to order skinnytan from fb...its all your fault if I look tangoed lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now