Talk

Advanced search

Wavy/curly hair products? (They've discontinued the one I was using!)

(11 Posts)
GlitterGlue Sat 27-May-17 21:12:27

I have been using Umberto whatsit skinny curls slimming cream, but it's no more. Anything similar out there? Ideally that doesn't cost a fortune.

Hurleygirl123 Sun 28-May-17 08:11:35

I have curly wavy hair and mix frizz ease mousse with a few pumps of a wella oil mixed together? It encourages curls but calms the frizzies!

GlitterGlue Sun 28-May-17 14:58:26

Do you literally mix the two together? Or use one then the other?

Hurleygirl123 Mon 29-May-17 19:00:29

Mix the two in your hand...it really works on my hair which is curly/wavy (with inevitable frizz)grin

cheapskatemum Mon 29-May-17 21:34:54

I use R&B Hair Moisturiser from Lush. It smells of jasmine, which I found quite heady at first, other people loved it though! I persevered because I loved the effect it had on my hair: defining curls and stopping frizz. I have grown to love the scent of it too.

Doje Mon 29-May-17 21:38:11

I use Trevor Sorbie Curl creme. Only available on line now, but not expensive and lasts for ages. I've not found anything else that works. I have fine, wavy hair.

BearFoxBear Mon 29-May-17 22:08:27

I love R&B too, it smells amazing and really tames my frizzy waves into lovely shiny curls!

camtt Mon 29-May-17 22:12:48

I'm now using Morrocanoil Curl Defining Creme (after previous favourite was discontinued. It's about £24 for 250mls. I use the Morrocanoil after I've washed my hair, on other days (I wash it about 3 times a week) I use Boots Pink Curl creme mixed with a blob of conditioner - it's £1.99, a tip I got on here.

Monkeybunkey Tue 30-May-17 09:10:01

Another vote for Frizz Ease mousse here. I generally put a bit of serum on first then scrunch the mousse in. Alternatively, Boots curl creme (pink gloop in a tub) is good and doesn't leave my hair crispy, although doesn't define the curls as much.

unsure1234 Tue 30-May-17 09:20:49

I've started using Schwarzkopf Gliss with liquid keratin shampoo and conditioner. I spent a small fortune trying so many different brands and produce that didn't work at all.
Long story short we were in a pound shop one day, and I had run out of shampoo and saw it, so I thought that'll do this once. It made such a difference. I have naturally curly hair that is quite long (almost waist length when down and straight), that goes very dry and frizzy. I straighten it all the time as it's the only thing I can do with it. But this shampoo made it a lot easier to manage, it wasn't as frizzy or dry, and was easier to straighten. So I went and got the conditioner as well, and haven't looked back. I now pay £2 for both (£1 each), so can't complain at all. I wish I'd tried them years ago, before spending a fortune on expensive salon brands that didn't work for me.

QueenRefusenik Tue 30-May-17 09:28:03

Big fan of tigi curls amplifier here - a little pricey but lasts ages. The Trevor Sorbie stuff Done mentions is the best high Street equivalent I've found. Still struggling to find a good serum since they discontinued twisted sista though. The blessed John F and Umberto whatsisface serums are the best I've found so far though I've just invested in some body shop grapeseed stuff. Tresemme botanique shampoo and perfectly (UN)done conditioner are my go-to choices there though I just splashed out on elvive extraordinary oil conditioner on offer and it's surprisingly good (the oil itself does nothing for me!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now