Talk

Advanced search

Aldi hot cloth cleanser

(16 Posts)
secondhoneymoon Sat 27-May-17 19:36:35

I'm a big fan and long time user of Liz Earle's hit cloth cleanser. I noticed Aldi have a version now. Has anyone tried it? If so what is it like? If you have also used Liz Earle, how does it compare? I've used Aldi moisturisers for years and it is as good as any other brand I've tried - for my skin anyway. Thanks

ladysparkle56 Sat 27-May-17 19:56:17

Not tried it but very interested as I've just run out of Liz Earle

toriah Sat 27-May-17 20:08:34

Haven't tried Aldi one, but have used Superdrug one, and feels the same as Liz Earle one. it's often on "buy one, get one free" too.

secondhoneymoon Sun 28-May-17 08:31:18

Thanks. I'll see if my local Aldi stocks it and will give it a go. Will also check out the Superdrug version

MsFortunaMajor Tue 30-May-17 00:48:38

I haven't tried the Aldi one, but I have the Superdrug version on the go at the moment. I really like it, and it does the job well. I think I will stick with it and buy another tube when I run out. It's about £5 or £6 so very reasonably priced.

secondhoneymoon Tue 30-May-17 19:47:56

Thank you. Couldn't find the Aldi one in our local store. Will give the Superdrug version a go meanwhile

KitNCaboodle Tue 30-May-17 23:29:46

Another vote for the Superdrug one. Not tried the Aldi one but just bought some moisturiser after reading good things so would be open to try it.

sulee Wed 31-May-17 19:04:43

Aldi one is on special offer from tomorrow along with a few other beauty products. Will be hot footing it down there as they open! I didn't get on with the Superdrug one so am keen to give this a go as I am a big fan of of Aldi products.

Fozzleyplum Sun 04-Jun-17 23:40:18

I bought some of this today. Previously, I've used both the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser and the Superdrug one in the green tube. I think the Aldi one was more similar to the Liz Earle cleanser. It seems to have a lot of essential oil on it, particularly eucalyptus. My skin, which is quite dry and sensitive, seems fine so far.

I'd stopped using Liz Earle.com in favour of the Superdrug version, but might switch to Aldi because I like the smell.

You can tell that Aldi intend to flag up that it's like the Liz Earle one, because it has a similar circular device, with leaves, on the box. They did the same thing at Christmas with some very good Fortnums-a-like cakes.

INeedAWittyNameChange Fri 09-Jun-17 17:23:36

I don't know what it is about Aldi products but I have now tried a night cream and the hot cloth cleanser and I'm allergic to both. So if anyone would like a once used tube of the cleanser I'm happy to post it out!

JDSTER Fri 09-Jun-17 19:43:15

I also like Superdrug- vitamin E version- hot cloth cleanser. I haven't tried Aldi version.

suzie62 Fri 09-Jun-17 23:26:29

I use Liz Earle cleanse & polish and was wondering about the ethics of this one. It says suitable for vegans but there is no symbol to say not tested on animals so for this reason even at a cheap price I will give it a miss

TheHodgeoftheHedge Fri 09-Jun-17 23:29:24

I don't know about Aldi but I'm currently using M&S's Pure version which I'm loving. It's got rose in it and I prefer it to Liz Earle

INeedAWittyNameChange Sat 10-Jun-17 07:54:33

That's good to know Hodge I've got the Pure one in my stash to use next

Veronicat Sat 10-Jun-17 08:37:35

Oh. I'll be checking my Aldis on Monday then.
I keep seeing the hot cloth stuff recommended on here so it's a good (cheap) way of seeing if it's ok for me.

randomuntrainedcuntowner Sat 10-Jun-17 14:59:35

I use ponds cold cream as a hot cloth cleanser - and I love it. Follow with Nivea creme. Both products are super cheap and neither irritate or dry out my skin. Even have fewer spots since. Have very irritable skin and Liz Earle products are too strongly fragranced for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now