Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a contouring product please!

(10 Posts)
bigbuttons Sat 27-May-17 18:30:56

I quite fancy having a go. I have seen surratt's Grissille raved About but it is out of stock everywhere . I am basically ignorant. I wear very little makeup but would just like a little subtle shading, no KK!

thethoughtfox Sat 27-May-17 21:04:21

Kevyn Aucoin. It's amazing. It's got a slight grey tone and looks exactly like a shadow.

bigbuttons Sat 27-May-17 21:42:36

Thank you. I've heard that name mentioned . Yes, shadow is what I'm looking for. I shall check it out.

humanfemale Sat 27-May-17 23:24:12

Sleek do great (and well priced) contouring palettes. Also they come in a range of colours to suit different skin tones. Which is good if you're a ghost, like me.

Chesterfuckingdraws Sat 27-May-17 23:26:22

The Nyx blush is taupe is a fab contour. Cool toned so gives a good shadow effect, blends really well and relatively cheap too. It's the only one i use now

KitNCaboodle Sun 28-May-17 07:39:27

Anastasia Beverly Hills is good. She does creme or powder. I wear this on a night out.
I rarely wear makeup in the day but my DH got me a contouring palette that also gives me a sun kissed look. Quick and easy too. It's by Hourglass and called ambient lighting. It's more subtle than ABH

www.spacenk.com/uk/en_GB/brands/h/hourglass/ambient-lighting-edit---surreal-light-UK200017899.html?cm_mmc=Google+UK-_-F3D+-+UK%7CEN%7CDSN%7CN%7CGoogle+Shopping+-+Brands-_-Hourglass-_-%7Bproductgroup%7D&gclid=CLW404P9kdQCFSIM0wodIKcPTQ

BonnibelBubblegum Sun 28-May-17 07:48:31

I have tried quite a few because like you I don't wear a lot of make up and wanted it subtle. I am also very pale.

I tried powders at first but I didn't think much to them. I then moved onto creams. The one that is the best for me is Maybelline Master Countour stick. It's easy to use and blend. It's really cheap as well

botemp Sun 28-May-17 08:12:58

I have the Surratt Grisaille, it's the best contouring product I've ever used. It's a proper sculpting powder and pretty much undetectable once blended in. Join the waitlist on Cult Beauty, it'll be in stock eventually and well worth the wait.

It will depend on your colouring though, Sleek was very muddy on me. Kevyn Aucoin I couldn't use due to certain ingredients in it but the lightest shade would have been an otherwise good match for me. The Surratt Grisaille is good if you're on the fairer end of the spectrum, I don't know how it would show up on medium skin. For reference, I'm usually the second to last palest colour in foundations.

The Burberry contour stick is also good if you want a simple to use cream product.

bigbuttons Sun 28-May-17 08:38:11

Thanks all botemp not sure I can wait for the Surratt-well obviously I'll have to if I want it, but will need something in the mean time. I will check out all your recommendations., thank you!

bigbuttons Sun 28-May-17 08:42:31

I'm not sure about my colouring. I am always 'pale' because I am covered in factor 50 all year round! ( vanity) I think I am a pale-ish medium. I suit oranges and orange reds, but silver suits me better than gold. I've never had my foundation done anywhere-MAC scares me-once I was made up to look like a Ru Paul-constestant, I had asked for subtle, and never went back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now