Talk

Advanced search

How to wear this linen dress?

(15 Posts)
Euphemia Sat 27-May-17 05:19:09

I have this Jaeger linen wrap dress in pale blue.

Looks lovely on IF I'M STANDING UP! Sit down: major thigh exposure!!!

Is there something I could wear underneath that wouldn't look awful, and wouldn't leave me too hot in this weather? Capri-length leggings? Cycle shorts?!

LegoCaltrops Sat 27-May-17 06:07:57

How about a short silk slip / underskirt? Even in this weather, silk wouldn't be too hot, & it shouldn't cling either.

MollyHuaCha Sat 27-May-17 06:31:03

Interesting that models pose to show us various angles of clothes but never sitting down wink

BusterGonad Sat 27-May-17 06:48:03

I would just wear nude tights and hope for the best. Wearing leggings/cycling shorts imo would only look scruffy and ruin a perfectly nice dress.

Euphemia Sat 27-May-17 12:26:28

I can't really hope for the best sitting practically flashing my pants at 5-12 year-olds. (Primary teacher.) confused

I like the slip idea: I'll try to find something that looks like lining on the dress.

BusterGonad Sat 27-May-17 12:34:18

Oh. Ok. Maybe cut off some leggings so you get a hot pants size under garment! Maybe it's just too short for work?

eurochick Sat 27-May-17 12:37:16

Lovely dress. Just get a dark slip (m and s do them). I've got a couple of wrap skirts and this works a treat.

BusterGonad Sat 27-May-17 12:39:52

Oh ffs, I've just realized it's a wrap dress. Sorry op I did click on the link as well, goodness, forget what I said and get a slip! I'm so dim sometimes! blushangry

llangennith Sat 27-May-17 13:42:19

Just don't wear it to school!

BarchesterFlowers Sat 27-May-17 13:51:22

I bought that dress and thought it was lovely but I returned it for the same reason. Because of the exposure I thought I would only wear it for summer Sunday type days, tea and cake, strolling about somewhere. I was shopping for work clothes and was disciplined enough to return it! Rarely happens.

Alicekeach Sat 27-May-17 14:05:04

Could you sew a little popper on to hold the skirt in place?

Euphemia Sat 27-May-17 14:58:43

If I don't wear it to work I'll never wear it. sad

I think a popper would pop off.

MollyHuaCha Sun 28-May-17 08:32:55

Primary teacher? Ah, maybe the V neck is too deep as well - all that bending as a teacher taught me to only wear high neck lines.

It was a lovely dress whilst it lasted...shock

Euphemia Sun 28-May-17 08:43:58

I wore it with a cami top and it was fine. Maybe a full slip would do both jobs ...

BarchesterFlowers Sun 28-May-17 18:39:47

I wear slips these days Euphemia. I find some fabrics stick to my tights and the slip just makes everything hang so much better.

I bought a really lovely one from Boundary Mills on the A1 when I stopped for the loo once. Wish I had bought more of them because they are silky and stretchy and nothing I have bought since has been as nice, they are unbranded.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now